Booking slow

Phillip85
Level 2
Shelbyville, KY

Booking slow

Does traveling and booking seem slow to start this year. We are usually pretty busy but not a-lot of activity as of yet. March 25-2022 

9 Replies 9
Anthony223
Level 10
Portugal

@Phillip85  Greetings Phillip.  We are in full swing in Lisbon, Portugal. I hope your activitywill pick up very soon

Lenore22
Level 10
California, United States

Our area does. I'm amazed that we have openings on the weekends in April and that many desirable houses in our area are also open. 🤷‍♀️

Elaine701
Level 10
Balearic Islands, Spain

Here in Mallorca, it's like nothing I've ever seen before. We were mostly booked into September 2022... Before Christmas last year... And we're starting to get bookings for 2023.

An indication of just how crazy: about a month ago, we had a cancellation. The guest had a family problem or something and had to cancel... But to my shock and surprise, it was booked again within 10 minutes of the cancellation. I'm serious. 10 minutes! Usually it takes a few days at least. More like a week, if ever. 

Hotels are 85% booked for the summer. Lufthansa is flying 747's direct from Frankfurt and Munich. Direct flights from New York. Projected to be the biggest year in history, as many as 20 million visitors. We're a Mediterranean island roughly the size of Houston, TX metropolitan area. I suspect the glitz of Hollywood celebs living here and being featured in major motion pictures might have an effect, but this is something else. 

Unbelievable. But I'm not complaining 😉

Janeris0
Level 2
Fort Lauderdale, FL

It’s been extremely slow in Florida. Very low inquiries and booking despite everyone lowering their prices to ridiculous rates. I’m not going to compete for the cheapest. I can’t let a house for 10 with lots of amenities go for $100. It just doesn’t make sense. 

I was wondering about the same thing! It's sooo slow in Florida, I guess everybody is going to Europe now.

Mary419
Level 10
Savannah, GA

@Krisztina12 @Janeris0  I am close to Florida and really curious about what you’re seeing. Are you using other platforms or just Airbnb?

@Mary419 I’m on booking and Vrbo but I get 0 from there. In 4 months I’ve booked 2 from Vrbo. Everyone comes through abb for me. But it’s been super slow. My views went from 4000 to around 1100 in the last 30 days. I update my listing every week. And usually after an update I get an inquiry right away. But just 1. And it’s not for current months. They’re booking august and September dates. So june and july are pretty open

A lot of ppl are in the same boat. Since the Summer update last month,. view and bookings have fallen massively...

https://community.withairbnb.com/t5/Hosting/Where-do-we-go-from-here/td-p/1627826

Amanda1796
Level 2
Dawlish, United Kingdom

I'm in Devon UK ,last year was crazy this yea 2 short breaks from Airbnb that's it ,X2 from booking .com a few from website ,a majority of booking are from returning customers