Brookings, Oregon

Brookings, Oregon

I am trying to connect with Angela, a super host in Brookings.  She hosts a guest house that I would like to use for a week of privacy and decompression when I retire later this year.  I am trying to connect to her through the site but even when I search for six months (or more, or less) out there is nothing.  

Angela, please contact me.  I would be an excellent guest.  I just want to read and watch the winter storms.  

Susan

7 Replies 7
Sarah977
Level 10
Sayulita, Mexico

@Susan4019  It is highly unlikely that this host will see your post here.

If you can't find her listing, perhaps she is no longer hosting, or is closed to bookings at this time for some reason.

Have you booked with her before? If so, you should be able to look back through messages you exchanged with her at the time and message her there. 

I have communicated with the previous host of the guesthouse but it apparently changed ownership.  Her listing is active.   I have tried to communicate through the site but it is impossible to send a message without entering days.  Since none are available, I cannot enter any or send the message.  

I did send a message to the previous host hoping that she could help.  

@Susan4019  There are no dates available at all, even in the distant future? If there are some, or even one, you can just enter them, even they aren't the dates you want, to send an Inquiry (Contact host) message.

No dates at all.  I check daily for any date to open up.  

@Susan4019 If there are no dates that all them maybe Angela does not want to be contacted. The dates could be booked for the foreseeable future to a long-term renter, she may not be hosting right now, she may have other plans for the space, etc. I wouldn't rely too heavily on this place. 

If you know the location, you could use a tool like Zillow to zoom in and get the physical address and send a letter in the mail!

Misty Young, Oceanfront Cliffside Master Suite at the Sea Ranch and The Sea Ranch Guest House, Brookings, Oregon

@Susan4019 If the dates are not showing as available through Airbnb, and you don't have a direct personal contact with the host, I don't think it's safe to assume that she wants to be contacted by you, and it's a near-certainty that she is not going to happen to stumble upon this message board.

However, you can use what you know about this listing to check and see if it's also listed on another platform. Perhaps in the process, you'll find a different place with open availability that also suits your wishes.