Case manager contacting me on behalf of potential guests ? Why ?

Kim87
Level 10
Montreal, Canada

Case manager contacting me on behalf of potential guests ? Why ?

Hi hosts,

this ever happened to you ? Here is the message i received :

«I am one of the Case Managers from Airbnb. I hope this message finds you well.
First and foremost, I would like to thank you for choosing Airbnb to share your lovely home with our guests and for all your great contributions to our community.
I am writing on behalf of a potential guest that I'm currently assisting in finding a listing for his trip in Montréal, Canada for May 17-19, 2019 for 4 guest.
I was browsing the website for his preferred dates and saw your listing. I'll be recommending your listing to this guest and will give you an update once everything has been settled.
Thanks again for taking the time to read my messages and feel free to revert to this thread in case you have any questions. »

3 Replies 3
Alexandra316
Level 10
Lincoln, Canada

@Kim87 If customer service is intervening, it's usually because the guest had another booking that was cancelled by the host and the guest is having difficulty finding alternate accomodations. I'm not sure why that would be an issue so far out, but maybe the guest wanted extra assistance or those dates are super busy for some reason.

Yulianna0
Level 10
Madrid, Spain

@Kim87, I had the similar case, but not message but the phone call. The reason was exactly as @Alexandra316 says. The host canceled reservation and they were looking for new place for the guest. Looks like help from their side for the guest. 

Kim87
Level 10
Montreal, Canada

Thank you for your feedback @Yulianna0 and @Alexandra316 🙂