Case manager only supports guest

Paulo64
Level 1
Dominican Republic

Case manager only supports guest

I had a situation in my SDO condo. During a tropical storm electricity failed 3.5 hours. But the guest took this issue and has blown it to a level I never experienced before.
The case manager was not comprehensive at all and reduced a 9 day stay to half price on behalf of the guest.
Here in the caribbean this can happen but how come that airbnb can manipulate our property rates to such an extent?
Who feels the same that airbnb is all about helping guests and no comprehension towards hosts?
2 Replies 2
Monica168
Level 2
Jacksonville Beach, FL

I agree. For the first time in one year i had an issue with a guest who broke my table and admitted fault but said it just slipped and broke. I explained the table had been fine all year for all other guest and its designed by the weight of the marble and the pads underneath the stone to not just slip.  They denied my claim on the deposit because the guest said it just slipped. I have zero confidence in Airbnb for assisting us in the future. Especially if the tenants can make up stories and they take their word for it. 

Kelly87
Level 8
Los Angeles, CA

Did Airbnb reduce your payout? 

Airbnb will adjust the charge to a guest but still pay you the full amount. Please check and let us know. Thanks.