Damage In House

Nuno27
Level 2
Albufeira, Portugal

Damage In House

I would like to ask how we can deal with guests that, yes pay a damage deposit, that in reality isn´t enough to cover some damages that travelers do in the villa?

I have a group that just checked out and they literaly broke a bed in half, (which isn´t normal as the bed was just a month old).

I did a property inspection on check out but sometime and only and after starting the cleaning we saw that every single bedroom door of the house needs fixing because they punched all doors and since thet are made of wood they are all cracked and need to be replaced.

They don´t even close.

It´s a terrible experience to receive guests from Airbnb that literally destroyed my villa that was just furnished a month ago.

The guest payed 200€ damage deposit but all the damages are over 800€.

What happens next??

Is it possible to charge the guests in another way?

Just because they rent a villa doesn´t meen they can bring down the house.

There should be a special policy for these situations.

This is not a normal use of the villa and this is why there should be a special policy for travelers that are destroyers.

Please tell  me what you think..

Thanks!!

1 Reply 1
Helen3
Level 10
Bristol, United Kingdom

It's terrible when guests are so disrepectful of your property. Did you speak to your guests through messaging before accepting the booking to find out more about them and their plans. Do you have your listing set so that only fully verified guests can book?

Hopefully you reported the damage to BnB within 48 hours or can report within 48 hours - if so, you will be able to claim through their resolution centre - supply BnB with quotes and photos of the damage and statement from your cleaner about the damage. They can then look at covering through the BnB hosts guarantee.

Make sure you reflect this in your review and flag the guests with BnB in terms of the damage carried out.