Day 16: Celebrating our birthdays

Lizzie
Former Community Manager
Former Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

Day 16: Celebrating our birthdays

Birthdays.png 

Hello everyone,

One thing that I have noticed from doing the 'Month of celebration' here in there Community Center, is that quite a few of us have birthdays in December. It is always nice receiving best wishes on your birthday, and seeing as some of us speak together each day, if we met every day in person we would certain do this, so why not in the Community Center! 🙂 You never know perhaps we could keep this going, so please feel free to share your birthdays here, perhaps if you would rather not you share your actual birthday, perhaps share your Airbnb birthday (when you first joined) instead! 

I want to wish @Kimberly54 (from San Diego) a happy belated birthday for Dec 9th and @Kimberly136 (from Greenville) and @Andrew157 for Dec 17th!! 

It would be great to hear if you are celebrating anything and if you are planning to do anything special.

Thanks,

Lizzie

--------------------

Thank you for the last 7 years, find out more in my Personal Update.

Looking to contact our Support Team, for details...take a look at the Community Help Guides.

13 Replies 13

Awww @Lizzie !   

Happy Birthday!  Many Happy Returns of the Day ! 

We'll be away until the 29th Dec so look forward to catching up with all  calendar stories then.

Best wishes,

Ann & Vassilis.

Lizzie
Former Community Manager
Former Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

Aw thanks @Βασίλης-and-Ann0, I had a lovely day thank you, even with a bit of a cold, I wasn't going to let that get me down! There was even snow on my birthday, where I was, which never happens. 🙂

I hope you both have a lovely break and are going somewhere nice, perhaps to see family and friends? 

Enjoy.

--------------------

Looking to contact our Support Team, for details...take a look at the Community Help Guides.

Helga0
Level 10
Quimper, France

Some flowers for your birthdaySome flowers for your birthdayand a lot of birthday cakes !!!and a lot of birthday cakes !!!

Helga0
Level 10
Quimper, France

Happy birthday, @Lizzie and all December born hosts! You will have to turn the flowers, but the cakes are just for the taking 😉

Lizzie
Former Community Manager
Former Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

What wonderful flowers and incredible cakes @Helga0, my stomach is groaning just looking looking at them. The problem with having such an array of amazing cakes is that it is hard to choose just one! Which one did you or would you go for? 🙂 

Thanks so much for your kind birthday wishes. 

--------------------

@Lizzie, that’s the bakery facing my favourite bistro, where I may get a fresh croissant for a very nice guest or something for myself, if they sleep in. No sugar in the morning for me, but they have delicious cheese puffs, sort of profiteroles with cheese. A strange combination with black coffee, but not as strange as getting a chunk of smoked hareng smuggled onto my saucer by one of the old guys hanging out in the bistro all morning. 

I sometimes take a coffee cream filled pastry even if the bakery won the first price for the chocolate filled ones. The long ones on the right side. 

You could try one of the dome shaped ones. It’s always becking to me, yelloish and shiny, very smooth. It’s made with tea, and an English woman could not refuse a cup of tea, could she? Even if it’s upside down and solidified. Only a cup of tea 😉 

Lizzie
Former Community Manager
Former Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

Ooo those coffee creams sound delicious @Helga0, specially if they are nice a cool when you eat them. Yum! 

The dome shaped cake sounds like the perfect one for me. It is so true, I do find it hard to refuse a cup of tea...everone in my team knows my love of tea! It's always tea time in my eyes! hehe

--------------------

J-Renato0
Level 10
Rio de Janeiro, Brazil

Somewhat late...

Happy birthday @Lizzie  🙂

Lizzie
Former Community Manager
Former Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

Aww your so kind, thanks @J-Renato0 🙂

--------------------

Kimberly136
Level 3
Greenville, SC

A big thank you to Lizzie, Helga for flowers and cake and all good wishes for my Zen birthday yesterday (12/17).  I apologize to all, particularly Andrew who shares my birthday and got bumped to today so I could post yesterday, then I didn't! I'm so sorry! I got caught up trying to prepare a go fund me campaign for a homeless college student and list track of the days- which is slightly ridiculous since it was my birthday and I'd so looked forward to sharing some advice I received early on. 

Anyway, thank you all kindly for the wishes and for forming a community where we as hosts can connect, hello each other excel and learn from each other! It's truly amazing what we can do when we all come together to share... Our spaces, experiences, insights, anecdotes and humor! In gratitude for you all, I remain,

Kimberly from Greenville, SC

Lizzie
Former Community Manager
Former Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

Aw no worries @Kimberly136, it is so lovely to hear from you and it is fantastic you have taken another day, I look forward to seeing your day on December 29th. 🙂

It sounds like you had a birthday to remember, it is such a wonderful thing you did to help the student, so kind and a true act of humanity. I wish the very best for them. 

I hope you got some cake as well?! hehe

--------------------

Lizzie
Former Community Manager
Former Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

Hello everyone, 

I just wanted to add to my mentions here, as i have just found out that it was @Jose309's birthday on December 10th, a very HAPPY BIRTHDAY to you. 🙂

December is really shaping up to be a great month for our birthdays. 

I really hope you had a great day Jose. Did you do anything special? 

Lizzie

@Βασίλης-and-Ann0@J-Renato0@Kimberly136@Helga0

--------------------

To Quincy, Lizzie and my friends at Airbnb:

Wow! The DHL delivery guy just rang my bell to present to me this unexpected package from you! 

I am completely taken aback at the kindness you've shown me! An official Airbnb Guest Book, a lambswool blanket which perfectly matches my AirBnB room! A key chain and handwritten note! You guys are pretty amazing!  Thank you kindly! Such a lovely gesture! I am very grateful!! Thanks and the happiest of holidays to you all, Airbnb community, Airbnb hosts and guests alike, for allowing me to host and stay among you.  This is an incredibly wonderful adventure!  I'm so happy to be a part of it! I'll see you in my post on 12/29! Thanks again!

Kimberly ****