I can't send special offer

Jeff28
Level 2
Fredrikstad, Norway

I can't send special offer

I have been spending hours reading post and seching Google to find an answer to why I can't send a previous guest a Special Offer. She stays with me each month for two days. It has been three months though since shes stayed with me and now there is no way to bring up the send special offer button. This is a serious problem with Airbnb and something they need to fix right away. I have to make her send a bogus instant book which then I decline so I can get the button to appear. I'm I missing something that an hour of Googling and reading community forums is not making clear to me? Please make me feel like a complete idiot and tell me there is simple solution to this nightmare.

2 Replies 2
Steve143
Level 10
Limerick, Ireland

Hello @Jeff28,

If a guest has stayed with you recently you can send a special offer by going to your messages and clicking on their messages.

Should the option be available, you'll see a "Send special offer" button on the left in the "Reservation details" box.

For me, the ability to send a special offer this way is limited to guests who've stayed within the past two months.

Click on the button. As it will have the guest's last reservation dates, it'll complain that the dates are no longer available.

Just change the dates to the ones you wish to offer and click on "Send special offer".

I've never used it but see that the option is available for guests who've stayed within the past two months but isn't available for older reservations.

Currently Airbnb works such that potential guests contact hosts if they wish to stay. There's no way for hosts to prompt guests to stay if the option isn't available as above.

She doesn't have to send a bugus instant book which you have to deny. She can send a reservation inquiry.

To do this she can click on the "Contact host" link on your listing page. It's in the "Hosted by Jeff" section just above the map.

She'll then be asked to enter the dates she's interested in staying for. You should then receive a notification with the option to send a special offer.

The post below by Dave & Deb has a description of the reservation inquiry process.

Difference-between-a-Reservation-Inquiry-or-Request

Steve.

HI there,

I accidently did not "pre-approve" and it looked like I declined based on the response rate (even though I did email and we talked about a special rate). Now it is "blocked" in my calendar and I can't send the rate over those days. I have already clicked it in my calendar as available,  but it continues to say not possible.

I would love any help.

-Chelsea