Demanding and a bit rude guest´s and prior guest leaving the apartment in a weird state.

Maria449
Level 2
Kópavogur, Iceland

Demanding and a bit rude guest´s and prior guest leaving the apartment in a weird state.

I have guest´s coming on Thurdsay to stay at my apartment.

When they made the booking in may I got a bit hesitant about them but decided on approving them any way but they were asking if they could rent the apartment for two more day´s more then the booking request. Those day´s were blocked on the Airbnb calander so I said no to that reguest but they also asked for an early booking to which I replied that they could have it at noon or 4 hours earlier then the set check in time and the agreed to that.

Now today the asked to get the apartment earlier then that or at 9 am and I thought that was a bit weird since I already told them that I could let them get it at noon. I told them that noon was the earliest I could give them and their reply was that they would try and pass the time till noon.

I would think people would be happy to get an early check in but it sounds to me like they are not happy about getting it at the time they want it, maybe I am just over thinking it??

I have been sending them all kinds of suggestions but they have asked so many questions that I am happy to answer but some have been a bit weird like where else could they stay in other parts of the country but I have answeard all of them and helped them out in anyway possible.

I am having doupts about them but they don´t have reviews yet and I not sure on what I should do..

And then one other thing, the last guest´s I had left my apartment in a weird state but there was sand everywhere, kitchen dirty and I had to clean all the pots and pans after them but in the bathroom they had some kind of accident. The shower curtain pole had cleary fallen down and the trash can had a big dent and a crack in it.

I cant fault people for having a accident but I think it is weird that they did not let me know about it and wont answer my messages about it.

They had great reviews but I found it hard to communicate with them prier to their arrival but I really liked them when I met them.

Would this bother anybody else?

2 Replies 2
Pat96
Level 8
Williamsburg, VA

Definately  the condition they left your rooms would concern me. I am retired and here 99.9% of the time. So I keep a very close eye on things. I’d never do Airbnb if I were not physically present!  I’ve had great success over the past year and guest have been incredible.  I tell them upfront to toss their used towels in the bathtub when they leave. 

Maria449
Level 2
Kópavogur, Iceland

Yeah I have a hard time with how to rade them.

Most of my guest´s are just wonderful and I have even made some friends but I find it difficult to understand why somebody would not take more care.

I meet everybody and I tell everybody that the space that they are renting is my apartment and to please take care of it. 

I know that cleaning standards are not the same with everybody and I don´t expect people to do any real cleaning but if you use the kitchen the clean up after yourself..

I also have in the house rules that no shoes are allowed in the apartment but there was sand everywhere.

I was a bit worried when I saw what had happened in the bathroom that somebody got hurt so I sent them a message asking if everybody was okay but I got no reply and then I started thinking, why they did not let me know that they had an accident, that everybody was okay and they are sorry for braking the trash and ripping down the shower curtain. Is that asking to much?

Am I overthinking it or being to stiff? 

Sometimes is hard to jugde yourself when you are so close to things and it is good to get an outsiders opinion..