Disheartened by negative reviews

Luke74
Level 1
Folkestone, United Kingdom

Disheartened by negative reviews

Hi,

Sorry, I just wanted to get this off my chest.

We've been hosting for about 3 months now and we've received all 5 star reviews from about 20 reviews until the last week. 

Last week some people stayed for a night, their van broke down on the way, my wife went out of her way and found them a garage to get the van fixed, she called them a taxi to take them to town, we were our usual 'do everything we can for the guest' yet she only gave us 4 star. It really got to me.

Now today we received another 4 star review from someone who stayed at the weekend. Her private feedback was that the house was not walking distance from the party she was going to so marked us down. I mean how is that our fault?! She should be aware when booking where our house is and where her party is.

You try your hardest to make people happy during their stay but you end up deflated after a negative review. It's very trivial I know but I just needed to release on here.

2 Replies 2
David126
Level 10
Como, CO

I very rairely read them, problem solved!

David
Kenneth18
Level 3
Markham, Canada

@Luke74

I am sorry to hear that, i have something similar. So i decided to make some changes. I educate them how Airbnb sees rating. Provide them guidelines. Then on top of that I will ask all guest if they are aware of the approximate location of the house. I like the pro-active way to eliminate miscommunication. Hope that helps.