Do you make any of your own cleaning products?

Lizzie
Former Community Manager
Former Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

Do you make any of your own cleaning products?

cleaning_products.jpg

Hello everyone,

There are so many different cleaning products available to buy today that it can be overwhelming to decide which one to choose from. I recently discovered that many people make their own cleaning products  in order to save money and protect the environment.

Table salt, vinegar, lemon, rosemary springs…there are lots of cheap and chemical-free ingredients in recipes to clean a house. I've just bought some bicarbonate of soda from my local refill shop, as I'm thinking of trying to make some dishwasher tablets! eep!

Do you make your own cleaning products? Do you have any recipe to share with us or things you have attempted? 

Looking forward to hearing from you.

Lizzie

--------------------

Thank you for the last 7 years, find out more in my Personal Update.

Looking to contact our Support Team, for details...take a look at the Community Help Guides.

16 Replies 16
Nancy115
Level 5
Mills River, NC

I have sensitive skin and use Young Living Thieves cleaner throughout my house, dishes, laundry, ... I use vinegar infused with essential oils for laundry rinse/softener. I add baking soda to the wash for towels to keep the fluffy. I also use baking soda to clean extra dirty tubs, sinks, and appliances. I spray mattresses, pillows, curtains and upholstered furniture with distilled water infused with essential oils to refresh the smell and to discourage bugs.  Contact me if you want more details. 

Julie1785
Level 2
Omaha, NE

Hello 🙂 I am a green blogger and am currently working on compiling a directory of this type of these types of lodging (fragrance-free, toxin-free, sustainablle,etc). It will be on varying levels and each listing will include the areas in which they are going above and beyond. Please message me on my facebook page, gogreenmamas, if you host along these standards or have any in mind that you have stayed at. Thanks!