Drastic drop in requests and reservations

Drastic drop in requests and reservations

Good evening to all,

I would like to know if it is only happening to us, but since early November, the number of requests and reservations has dropped dramatically. I have not changed anything in the announcements (5 advs) , no negative reviews and lower prices for the few free dates in the following weeks. Supehost from several years. We have always had reservations constantly, throughout the year. It 's this happening to any of you?

48 Replies 48

Good evening everyone, thank you for all your answers and I am sorry about the drastic drop in sales has touched so many Hosts .. I have tried everything in this two months ..... lowered prices, raised prices, changed photos, updated services and descriptions, campaigns on facebook and instagram ..... everything is blocked from early November. Two of my three announcements have recovered, but my 'historical' announcement, no .... is frustrating! I drastically lowered the prices for January and February, and received two reservations for April and May with normal rates. Last year for this period, I had received many more reservations in advance and a few last minute, filling up January and February but now the situation does not seem to change. I called Airbnb several times and they confirm the ad is ok and there are no problems. No negative reviews. True, I have noticed many new announcements and after having reviewed my guests, the last step is to suggest new Hosts .... I am starting to open announcements of my houses on other OTAs.
It would be interesting, as someone has already asked, Airbnb's opinion about it, to the rescue of Host with years of partnership with the platform.

Piotr48
Level 10
Wrocław, Poland

It's not just on ABB. I have listings on Booking and Expedia and the amount of reservations is low.

Gross over-saturation of any market with slashed-price Airbnb rentals, inevitability has a knock-on effect on the other platforms in that market too @Piotr48 

Lachristy0
Level 2
Atlanta, GA

yes, this seems to be common issue with everyone. something in the strategy seems to have changed. search yourself on a computer that is not your own and not logged into our account to see how quickly you are being shown in searches. seems to have started late last year and jan has been dead.