Show me yours and I’ll show you my... xmas tree

Yadira22
Level 10
London, United Kingdom

Show me yours and I’ll show you my... xmas tree

Hello All,

it’s that time of the year again... xmas! 
Three questions- are you decorating? When are you putting everything up?  If possible, can you show me how it looks? 
Asking (seriously), as the child in me is so excited about this! And before you say anything, mine is fake and it’s tacky but I love it (so please no hate).
Wishing you a beautiful day and thank you!
Yadira 🙂

ps- I get it’s early but if it were me I would have this up since October (maybe?!) 3844952D-A0C4-44D1-9D4F-4F657BCA3DF2.jpeg

*rotated and resized for better optimisation by OCM*

20 Replies 20
Kath9
Level 10
Albany, Australia

@Yadira22 your Christmas excitement is too cute! Your tree looks lovely and festive. I love fairy lights in all their forms. In fact, I have a string of fairy lights on my balcony year round and guests frequently ask if I've already put my Christmas lights up! My Christmas tree is usually a native plant called the Albany woolly bush, which is quite Christmas tree-esque. I decorate it and plant it in the garden afterwards

albanywoollybush-213x300.jpg

Will send a picture once I have decorated one. Seasons greetings to you and all our host friends! 

Yadira22
Level 10
London, United Kingdom

@Kath9 i am so excited to see this- we have a plant outside our home which looks like it could also pass for a (mini) Christmas tree and this too will get decorated with fairy lights and a star on top- it’s so freaking cute plus a good indicator for the guest that they are at the right house 🙂

One year our neighbour put up a Christmas tree right outside the building of our flat (fully decorated but battery powered) and I was so happy I cried... honestly such a sucker for these things. 

I also share in your notion that one simply can’t have too many fairy lights (i find them so romantic)! Thank you and have a beautiful day! 🙂

Susan151
Level 10
Somerville, MA

@Yadira22  Already? Since we have Thanksgiving here in the States, it marks a space between the two holidays. [Of course, there is advent as well, but I will not mention that.]

We buy a live tree each year so, from a practical point of view, if we put the tree up now [if we could find one] it would have absolutely no needles by Christmas Day.

Love your enthusiasm, but can join you in pushing the season so early.

Yadira22
Level 10
London, United Kingdom

@Susan151 Completely appreciate this but am going away soon and travelling till the 8th December, maybe more .. and December is so busy for us with work etc, so for the sake of argument it was a « now or never » type of situation! *Nods my head convincingly and looks around*. Plus i want to be here as to see my 1y/o niece walk in and see it lit up in all its colours for the first time.

We only ever use a fake one, lasting 10-15 years (we take so much care of it) then dispose of them consciously-  I hate the clean up involved with fresh ones and also the smell is a bit too much for me (have only just gotten my sense of smell back after 18 months and anything strong gives me a head ache) but they do look gorgeous.

Anyway... will be here for when everyone has their’s up! ❤️ @Kath9 

Susan1404
Level 10
Covington, GA

@Yadira22I don't have a photo for this year because I haven't put my tree up yet, but here is the one for my cabin last year.  CHRISTMASCABIN20183.jpg

Yadira22
Level 10
London, United Kingdom

@Susan1404 it looks so cute... LOVE!! 💓

@Yadira22- thank you.  I was brand new to Airbnb and it was a last minute decorating idea.  Hope to do a little better this year.

Branka-and-Silvia0
Level 10
Zagreb, Croatia

@Yadira22 

If you really enjoy Christmas decorations then you would enjoy Zagreb in December 🙂

The whole city center is fully decorated, including all the streets and trees in parks , Christmas markets are on every square, huge ice park etc... it's a total madness from November 30 - January 7th 😄  You can get a vibe here: http://adventzagreb.hr/?lang=en

That's why we don't decorate our apartments a lot, our guests need to rest when they come home :))) We have a few birch branches in a big gold can and we wrap them with a string of white lights, put a few decorative balls on a shelf and that's it.

@Branka-and-Silvia0 @How beautiful! I have added it to my bucket list! Maybe I’ll see you there one of these Christmases?! 🙂 ❤️

@Yadira22  you know I would be very happy to host you and show you around :)))

Just make sure you book early, especially if you intend to come over the weekend, it's not easy to find a free room.

Miloud0
Level 10
Rabat, Morocco

Salute @Yadira22

So beautiful decoration 

Thanks, 

Miloud

Yadira22
Level 10
London, United Kingdom

Thank you @Miloud0 - have a lovely day:)

Miloud0
Level 10
Rabat, Morocco

Salute @Yadira22

Thank you too. I also decorate a guest room, with a small xmas tree, With the new year approaching. It is like this :41LO261rgML.jpg

Thanks, 

Miloud

Nakayama0
Level 8
Oyabe, Japan

20191115_152513_0000.jpgNow making a snow umbrella with poles and ropes, then we are going to decorate with some light bulbs.