Failure to return rented vehicle

Failure to return rented vehicle

Hello

I wonder if anyone knows what do about a customer who never returned a rented vehicle. I need the customers ID details for the police report and the insurance company and I wonder how to go about this. The renter is [personal information hidden] and the rental ID is ***

All the best, Sven 

7 Replies 7
Marit-Anne0
Level 10
Bergen, Norway

You would need to contact airbnb - we are just fellow hosts trying to help each other.

Of course you should help the police in their inquiries, but you can only give out the limited info you have.  airbnb will not reveal any details to you, but they would have to do so to the police in a police matter.

Helen3
Level 10
Bristol, United Kingdom

Did you rent the car to the customer? If not, leave the police to contact BNB directly and just provide them with information that you have through your contact with the customer.

David126
Level 10
Como, CO

https://www.airbnb.ca/rooms/9471209?s=O1rpNXwm

Any time I have rented a vehicle you go through Drivers License etc, very odd.

David

@David126 - you are the best listing sleuth!  

Paul4
Level 10
Kiawah Island, SC

Hi, Probably you should edit your post and remove the traveler's name and rental ID. This is a public forum not monitored by Airbnb. In the future you should get the renter's details before you hand them the keys. Type 'contact airbnb' in the searchbar.

Moderator now notified.

Lizzie
Former Community Manager
Former Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

Hello @Sven-Erik0,

Good to meet you. As other hosts have mentioned here, I have had to remove the personal information included in your post for privacy and safety reasons as your post is publicly visible. 

It is hard to know too much for your post, but did you contact the Support Team? 

Lizzie

--------------------

Thank you for the last 7 years, find out more in my Personal Update.

Looking to contact our Support Team, for details...take a look at the Community Help Guides.