Labeling linens

David611
Level 1
Santa Monica, CA

Labeling linens

Hi all - I'd like to be able to label my linens (bedsheets, duvet covers, pillow cases, towels).

I want to be able to put codes on them (that I can refer to in my instructions) so that when my housekeeper organizes them and carries out a turnover process, it's totally reliable.

Does anybody have such a system? I imagine that some sort of label creation system along with the ability to either sew or iron on the linen would be what's needed.

3 Replies 3

Why not take them to a seamstress and have them embroidered with the words: "Duvet", "Pillowcase", etc.  

Lawrene0
Level 10
Florence, Canada

@David611, I found some snap-on tags in a google search for 'label linens'. Those might do it. But better is @Alice-and-Jeff0's idea of hiring a seamstress and contributing to the local economy!

Graham-And-Michelle0
Level 9
Auckland, New Zealand

I have found that that light weight iron on interfacing fabric works really well.

you can cut it to the size you want, write on with a fabric pen or quality "vivid" pen.

Then iron on wherever is discreet.  It lasts through many washes and will stick even to woollen blankets .  Totally safe.

Michelle