Features you wish Airbnb had?

Laura2592
Level 10
Frederick, MD

Features you wish Airbnb had?

I love hosting but there's a few features I wish we had access to on Airbnb.  First on my list is a way to charge for pets. There should definitely be an option to indicate how many pets are coming and a nightly charge. And perhaps a cleaning fee adjustment.

Also a way for hosts to contact other hosts without doing an inquiry. I would like to be able to ask questions if I have them about a guest without seeming as though I'm trying to book their home. This would also help in creating a community of hosts if we had an easier way to communicate with those in our area. 

What changes or new features would you like to see?

57 Replies 57
Katrina79
Level 10
Saskatchewan, Canada

I would greatly appreciate to see the previous reviews the guest has left about other hosts. I recently had a string of bad reviews and I’m pretty sure a few of those were due to guests who always dish out bad reviews. Is it possible to publish both reviews from each the host and guest to both profiles? 

As hosts we have a lot of information given to us by airbnb on how to be a good host. I would like the same amount of information given to guests on how to be a good guest. I think another topic guests should get information on is how to find the right place to meet your expectations. 

@Katrina79 Download the AirReview extension on Google Chrome. It is a lifesaver. 

https://chrome.google.com/webstore/detail/airreview/plkdnpjpnhhnmigmekaocdfokkmebdnm?hl=en-US

@Emilia42 @I’ve tried on my Apple device and I can’t figure out why it isn’t working for me. Do you think I need to add my gmail address to my airbnb account? 

Katrina it has nothing to do with email. You would need to open airbnb on the google Chrome browser. Not sure if you can use the Chrome browser on apple but you can on windows or obviously a a google Chromebook.

where has this been all my life! Thanks.

Lilian20
Level 10
Argelès-sur-Mer, France

Thanks a lot for this extension which i did not know existed.

It did not work at first, but got around the .FR extension by switching to .COM

Sometimes need to refresh to get the extra information to appear on guest profile..

Thanks again ! 

Get the chrome app that does this.  It's an absolute essential.

And I fully agree I wish Airbnb did more to educate guests.  There are a number of recurring pet peeves you can clearly find them on this and other forums, Airbnb should do more to combat these behaviours.

Emily487
Level 10
KCMO, MO

@Laura2592 

I agree- a way to message a host without creating an inquiry. If I host has their upcoming booking window blocked/booked but you want to ask about a guest from two months ago, you can't get a hold of them.

-A requirement that all adults in a group must register as guests. 

-A  "this message has been opened/read" feature. 

Ann72
Level 10
New York, NY

@Emily487 I like your idea about the "read" feature on messages.  To add to that, have the app default to all notifications on when a guest sets up their account.  I've added that to my booking message ("please turn on notifications in the app so you don't miss important messages") because I'm so tired of sending messages into what seems a black void.

I wish we could search our inboxes by guest name.

And I'd like to filter the reservations by listing, too.

@Laura2592 being able to add a guest to a reservation when it has already started. It's not possible at the moment so if a guest turns up with more people than is booked for your options are to cancel the booking, make a request for the additional funds (which the guest can ignore), or just suck it up & absorb the cost.

And they need to fix the bug when a guest wants to extend their stay & the new request calculation ignores any discounts or special offers that the guest has already accepted and just reverts to the base nightly price. It invariably ends up charging the guest so much more & if a host doesn't pick it up it looks like we're trying to rip off the guest, not Airbnb messing up.

Just agree it over the app with your guest, and do a resolution request!  It's super easy!

For extended dates the problem is Airbnb is going to take a commission on whatever price you gave the guest, so you have to take that into account.  But you can do it by the resolution request!

@Susan1188  There are enough stories on the forum about guests refusing to pay for additional people on the reservation or being outraged & giving poor reviews when they are overcharged for an extension to their stay because the host doesn't realise the system doesn't take into account any discount.

Both are bugs that should be pretty easy to fix. Airbnb shouldn't be relying on hosts to have to go through the resolution centre (which guests can ignore) or calculate what the actual price should be for an request for an extension.

Amanda660
Level 10
Auchenblae, United Kingdom

Being able to add  guests to a booking for part of a stay, ditch the free infants , a booking/charging facility for dogs, all guests must have photos and all guests must be listed/included in the booking. Phew!

@Amanda660 wrote:

ditch the free infants ,

OMG yes!  Had a guest book a 3 year old as a free infant!  Kid was 3 feet tall  running all around left crumbs and fingerprints everywhere.  Never had so much extra cleaning.  Why would you make people pay less for kids they make more problems and cleaning than anyone else.