Feedback

Feedback

I would appreciate you looking into this please:

IN REFERENCE TO AN EMAIL I JUST RECEIVED.

Hosts make their guests feel welcome, even when they’re far from home. But before a guest can enjoy your hospitality, they need to book their reservation. The first step to helping guests feel like they belong is accepting their reservation or pre-approving their inquiry.
We noticed you haven’t accepted or pre-approved any of the 10 most recent requests you’ve received. You always have control over who stays in your listing, but if you consistently decline traveler requests, it may impact your search placement, and your space may be temporarily unlisted. To increase your chances of getting requests you want to book, keep your calendar up to date, set your reservation requirements, and provide detailed house rules, with the most important information at the top.
Thanks,
The Airbnb Team
2016-03-20 23:01:58 +0000

Dear Airbnb,

I manage my guests requests "personally".
I get a lot of requests, thus I also decline requests also.
I make sure my guests have a clear understanding of "what I am offering" ... thus my 5 star ratings so far.

This is very disappointing to see that I will be PENALISED by not PRE-APPROVING my guests.

We noticed you haven’t accepted or pre-approved any of the 10 most recent requests you’ve received. You always have control over who stays in your listing, but if you consistently decline traveler requests, it may impact your search placement, and your space may be temporarily unlisted.

>>>> hmmmm >>>>> Not happy about this....

Delivery to the following recipient failed permanently:
2 Replies 2
Clare0
Level 10
Templeton, CA

@Suellen1 Considering you are a Super Host, this email seems bogus to me.  Can you provide the email address of the sender?  It's perfectly possible this is a phishing email.  Did you respond to it?  I hope not. Here's a link that can assist to determine whether emails are from Airbnb or not: 

https://www.airbnb.com/help/article/971/how-do-i-know-if-an-email-is-really-from-airbnb

Please advise what you find out!

I have found that I need to be more careful to make sure my house is a good match for certain kinds of groups before preapproving.  I want it to be a win/win agreement.  I had no idea it would penalize me!!!!  This is not right.