Garage Keypad Code

Garage Keypad Code

I needing suggestions on what to do for access to the garage with the keypad. I know that changing the code after every guest is not ideal. Are there any new devices such as smart locks for doors available for garage doors? Any help would be greatly appreciated as I'm still trying to learn everything about hosting!! 

Thanks in advance!

7 Replies 7
Sarah977
Level 10
Sayulita, Mexico

@Monika343  Why is changing the code for each guest not ideal? You could program it the same as the door code, last 4 digits of each guest's phone number, easy for them to remember.

The keypad is the one with the garage door opener and has to be changed at the top of the motor in the garage and is pretty difficult.

@Monika343  Ah, that does sound like a big hassle.

I have received that suggestion earlier and I agree it’s a great idea 😊

Ann72
Level 10
New York, NY

@Monika343 I was just researching this yesterday, and it turns out there are a ton of "smart" options out there now, including some that let you add users for access at specified times.  I always go to Cnet for technology reviews and here is their article:  https://www.cnet.com/news/best-smart-garage-door-openers-for-alexa-google-assistant-and-homekit-siri...

Most of these "Smart" garage door openers do not support multiple users. In other words, it's not possible to assign a temporary code for a guest like you can do with digital door locks. Does anyone know otherwise?

I am in need of the same thing. I need to be able to remotely change the garage keypad code for each new guest.