Google Travel Search Shows VRBO Listings But Not Airbnb!

Google Travel Search Shows VRBO Listings But Not Airbnb!

Hi all ...

I recently noticed that Google has updated their hotel search to include vacation rentals.  Anytime Google gets involved in something its usually a game changer.  Their new site now allows you to search hotels and vacation rentals all from the same screen.  Anyway when playing around with this I quickly found vacation rental listings from websites like vrbo, holidaylettings, and trip advisor but not Airbnb.  😞  

Does anyone know if Airbnb is working with Google to have Airbnb listings show up? 

I'm sure Airbnb is a tad worried about this but I think Google is smart to have a one stop shop for travel that shows hotel options and vacation rental options.  I'd love my Airbnb listings to show up with Google!  How about you?

4 Replies 4
Emiel1
Level 10
Leeuwarden, The Netherlands

@Stephan-And-Skye0 

It is an option in your account to choose external search engines have acces to your listing(s) or not.

I do not remember if it is turned on or off by default (but I have turned it off).

Ian-And-Anne-Marie0
Level 10
Kendal, United Kingdom

@Stephan-And-Skye0 

I searched a property a couple of nights back expecting it to show up on ABB, it didn't show until page 6 after all those other sites you mentioned.

Hmmmmmm ... in our area I don't see a single Airbnb listing under Google.  I know there are many too!  Too bad!  I'm still getting plenty of bookings so I'm not worried but in the future I worry people will use Google to search all types of options at once and if Airbnb doesn't show up that would be sad!  

Ann72
Level 10
New York, NY

@Stephan-And-Skye0 I can't remember where I read it, but this has more to do with the way Airbnb's search functions are set up than anything else.  Looking for the article I remember, I found another on Lodgify that says this:  "Unlike Google ranking factors, Airbnb SEO strategies do not take into account keywords or written content. It’s more about understanding the actions searchers take and how you as a host can meet their needs."  The key word here is "keyword"!  On Google, keywords are everything, but not on Airbnb.