Guest being difficult - please advise HELP!

Yaneisy1
Level 2
Las Vegas, NV

Guest being difficult - please advise HELP!

Hello Everyone,

So here is how everything started. 

My listing is three bedrooms, three bathrooms and up to 6 guests can book the property. I only rent to a group at a time. My listing also states that the home has a kitchen and basic appliances, the home is completely furnished and I also provide basic amenities. Anything else, has to be provided by the guest. Usually, I include some water in the fridge because the ice maker does not work sometimes.

So this guest requested early check in, which I was totally ok with as the house was ready. First thing upon arrival, She sends me a message saying that the fridge had no ice and the kitchen didnt have pans. I told her that i was going to bring a pan and she requested me to bring two, which i did.

When i drop by the house to drop off the requested items, i notice that the guest parked on the street instead of the driveway like i request on my welcome letter. I asked her to park on the driveway so it does not cause issues, then she responses with an "attitute" saying things like, "Can't i visit my family, I will park it in the drive way when i return" i was a little shocked, because i just addressed the rules about parking space.

The next day, she sends me a message at 7AM saying that one of the bathrooms was not getting hot water, i explained, that she might have to wait a few minutes because if other guests used the other bathroom's hot water, all the hot water was used. She said that that was not the case, because her daughter tried to use the shower and "it wasnt hot enought". 

At this point, i was a little frustrated and to solve the issue i told her. I will issue $150 of your stay for the incovenience. As soon as she checked out, she emailes me requested to book additional days for the end of the year, Then immediately, i get a call from my mom, who checked out the house after the guest left and told me that the one of the beds was stained with a red stain. My mom sent me pictures.

Since i agreed to refund the guest $150 i emailed her and told her that the bed was stained and to make it work for the both of us, the refund can be dismissed and I wont file a claim for damages. 

This guest responded back to me in the rudest way ever. She said that she had to request frying pans, there were no paper towels, and so on. I explained that those things are not things that i list on my listing. She also said that all her guest will leave me horrible reviews and that she will see me in court and that she knows my house has cameras (which is totally not true). She also stated that those stains were there (also not true) she would have told me right away.

I do not want to give her the refund, because she left damages in my home and now i have to pay for them. But she is being extremly mean, and even thereaten me.

What can I do??? I really need advise please!

3 Replies 3
Jacqueline7
Level 7
São Paulo, Brazil

Call Airbnb, last month I had a similar problem, and Airbnb helped me a lot and solved the problem. I asked Airbnb not  post any comment from my guest! Hope everything be ok with you

Jacqueline

Brazil

Branka-and-Silvia0
Level 10
Zagreb, Croatia

@Yaneisy1 

as @Jacqueline7 told you, you can contact Airbnb and stop communicating with this guest.

Btw, this is a classic example when guest doesn't read description and then is mad at host. 

Yaneisy1
Level 2
Las Vegas, NV

I got this problem resolved with Airbnb. Not exacly the outcome I wanted, but at least i got some peace of mind. The guest ended up leaving a horrible review calling me a scam and liar. I contacted Airbnb and they deleted the review as it violated their terms and they somewhat tried to make it work for me without getting the guest involved because i asked them not to as I was extremely tired of dealing with her. I really had a case as i took pictures of everything and also the trash that had the liquid that was spilled, but i have a full time job and school and cant add more stress to my life.

I issued the guest the refund i agreed on, because i believe unlike her, i do take accountability for the situations. I did leave the guest a review warning other hosts, but simple so it doesnt violate any rules. I really want to avoid anyone else from going through this nightmare. 

Thank you!