Guest didnt leave review

Guest didnt leave review

We had a guest who thoroughly enjoyed her stay and left after checkout time. She said she would give us a really good review. It's been 10 days and she didn't review. Is there anything we can do? I think Airbnb closes the review option at 14 days doesn't it?

6 Replies 6

You can email her and request that she write a review, because the time to do that is going to end in another 4 days. I find that if I ask for guests to review my place on their last day, they usually comply, so I've never had to follow through with them. it's not fun to lose what you believe would have been a good review. 

If you write a review for her, she will know in a message from Airbnb that you have done so and they will prompt her to review you so she can see what you wrote before the 14 days elapse. Throught that means, you are able to send her a private message, that is not seen by anyone else. In that message you might schmooze a little and tell her that you would appreciate her review based on  her thorough enjoyment of her stay.

@Pam-and-John0

I had a similar situation with my first guest - we just sent a txt message along the lines of...... hi, hope you got home safe and sound, and expect you are busy catching up with family and friends but we'd really appreciate if you could leave us a short review before time runs out - there are only about 3~4 days left till the deadline and as new hosts we'd really appreciate the review to attract potential guests like yourself. 

She replied back of course and posted a review the next day 🙂 

Barry-and-Lera0
Level 10
Sarasota, FL

@Pam-and-John0: We send a reminder to leave a review at 7 days. A 2nd reminder at 10 days and a 3rd at 13 days. Most people do the review around the 2nd reminder.

I sent her a message about 3 days ago. You think I should send one more or will that upset her that I'm bothering her? Plus I dont think she looks at Airbnb very often

@Pam-and-John0 

No, I do not think you should send yet another reminder.  They get reminders from airbnb as well.

Robin512
Level 2
Hedmark, Norway

We recently started to host our log cabin. Our 2nd guests said they had an amazing weekend when they checked out. I prompt left a review for them. We didn't get a review back even after sending a kind message to ask politely if they would leave us one. After 14 days they didn't left a review which didn't bother me until I realised on my Superhost stats I had 66% for reviews left when I have 100%. It was the guest that didn't leave a review & I have no power to make them. Seems wrong