New trend amongst young crowd but no help from Aibnb

Shohreh-And-Cyrus0
Level 2
Edinburgh, United Kingdom

New trend amongst young crowd but no help from Aibnb

There is a new trend amoungest you crawd to join airbnb using someone elses and bank details

then once they get the keys they contacy every to join the party

airbnb will not allow us to check their id as they say it has been checked

i have had 4 of my apartmnents trashed  and they upsets me so much they way they trated me by airbnb staff

No simpethy at all 

10 Replies 10
Alexandra316
Level 10
Lincoln, Canada

@Shohreh-And-Cyrus0 You say it's a trend: I'm curious how many times it's happened to you. It does sound like a worrying problem.

You are allowed to ask to see ID on check-in: you just have to clearly disclose that's something you require in your listing. If you're having issues with parties, I would also suggest adding cameras (even just a video doorbell) or another device like party squasher.

Finally, I would consider how you're screening your guests if this is a persistent problem. Maybe consider not taking guests who are new to the platform and have no reviews.

Shohreh-And-Cyrus0
Level 2

Hi there

They know the system and learning fast

They know as they have given airbnb their id and been checked then by complaing to airbnb then the Staff from airbnb ruthlessly took side even though their profile had no photo of him

The same guys trashed my palce i even get a tratening letter that airbnb will have my list removed if if do not follow rules

Airbnb staff "our guests are a massive voice", probably because they take most of commsion so they have the airbnb's full support.

Infact i fely bullied by airbnb rules and regulation and no simpethy, the last staff from airbnb told me well they have'nt done anything yet....what does that mean?

This trend It is just starting,  i promis you will spraed nationwide soon

becarefull 

Shohreh-And-Cyrus0
Level 2

it happened 4 times but i now trying to take away the self check in from most airbnb guest that i do not feel comfortable with, alot of work though..

@Shohreh-And-Cyrus0 What do you mean by that? You can make it a requirement that any guest without a prior review has to send you a request to book: you just have to tick a box in your booking requirements.

Robin4
Level 10
Mount Barker, Australia

@Shohreh-And-Cyrus0 

Shohreh, I am struggling to understand what your problem is and it would be great if you could put that text through the spellchecker and re-post so that it gramatically makes a bit more sense.

But having said that I feel your complaint is that you are getting an increase in 3rd party bookings which are resulting in a party situation where your properties are being damaged.

As a host with over 1,000 Airbnb reviews you must have developed some sort of protocol for assessing and screening your reservations!

There are a few things you should always adhere to where guests are concerned!

1.......Never, but never let to locals! People who want to party do not go far from home to do it. Always insist on a specific reason why the guest needs to use your property and not their own!

2/.....Set as one of your booking requirements that positive ID must be received and all guests must be personally named prior to entry into your property.

I may be on the wrong track here but your post has read in a confused way and if what I have stated here is not applicable, I am sorry!

Cheers......Rob

Shohreh-And-Cyrus0
Level 2

i tried so many ways but airbnb staff is my problem.

i had it under control but staff at airbnb do not want to undrestand

Shohreh-And-Cyrus0
Level 2

Can you require indivitul nales and ask for id

I have been told i can not as they have been verfied by airbnb

@Shohreh-And-Cyrus0  Yes you can: as I mentioned in my intial response to you, as long as you state in your listing that it's something you require, you can ask to see ID.

Yes, you could require that guests show ID when they arrive. In fact, there are some countries where Airbnb hosts are *required* to do this by local law.

The key is to mention it in your rules. Make sure the guests know before they book.

Julie143
Level 10
Princeton, NJ

Are you saying that the guests steal someone else’s identity and bank information and use them to book? If that is the case, you should involve the police.

If it’s happening multiple times in the same city, then it sounds like there is some kind of active fraud ring. The local authorities should know about it.