Guest doesn’t respond to messages

Dawn783
Level 2
Tulsa, OK

Guest doesn’t respond to messages

Hello - I have a guest  ok’ing in and their arrival is in one day. I’ve sent two messages to the guest and am getting no response to my messages sent through the app. I’m starting to get concerned. Should I call the guest? Try and be at the house when they arrive?

th k you in advance! 

4 Replies 4
Fred13
Level 10
Placencia, Belize

I would wait till tomorrow. If they are traveling, maybe they are not able to get on the internet. Try to at least meet them tomorrow? Sure.

Elaine701
Level 10
Balearic Islands, Spain

Some guests might have their alerts turned off in the app.

Even when alerts, are turned on, it can sometimes take 12-24 hours for an alert to finally show up in the app. It's frustrating. 

Then there's also certain types who just don't respond to anything. 

Fred is right.. Give it time, but you can't sit at the house all day hoping they show up. Call them. Or send a text. Or both. 

Clara116
Level 10
Pensacola, FL

@Dawn783 What I have found is most of those not responding don't have the Airbnb app notifications turned on....so they don't even know. BUT what they do is respond in less than 2-5 mins when you send this message to their phone (you get their phone number on the booking page with every booking) I send this message to their cell phone:

"Your Airbnb host has an important message for you on the Airbnb App. " 

I send nothing else....and should they respond to that message on your phone, ignore it. 

They will respond on the Airbnb App within 5 mins. I can almost guarantee this one. 

We are keeping everything on the Airbnb app as wanted - but using what we have to make things as smooth as possible. 

Happy Hosting

Nanxing0
Level 10
Haverford, PA

Actually there are a lot of guests who don't have the Airbnb app at all. I always send check in instructions through message and there are always guests show up with no instructions and ask us for help.