Guest took an iPhone charger

Michelle166
Level 1
New York, NY

Guest took an iPhone charger

Hi,

I recently hosted a guest who must have accidentally taken an iPhone charger, mistaking it for theirs.  I leave out 2 for the convenience of guests, but I noticed one is missing since their stay.  I am sure this was an accident, as they were lovely guests and everything else went smoothly.  Does AirBnb cover small incidental costs like this? I would love an $8 credit so I could buy another charger on Amazon.  However, given how small this item I don't want to create a case on the resolution center and get the guest involved.

Appreciate any insight anyone has on this!

Thanks!

4 Replies 4

@Michelle166 - Write to them and ask if they mistakenly took the charger first.  They may realize that they, indeed, packed it up without thinking.  

And, no, Airbnb doesn't cover this in any way.  You can, however, post a Resolution Center request for the cost of replacement (or some portion) from the guest.  If they refuse or fail to respond, you can ask Airbnb to get involved.  However, ABB will ask you to "prove" that the item was there previously and now gone if they are going to go down the path with Trust and Security. 

Chalk it up to cost of doing business. Let it go. 

Robin30
Level 2
Courtenay, Canada

I agree, just let it go. I label items such as these with red or yellow tape, I wouldn't offer these items unless asked for.

Rebecca160
Level 10
Albuquerque, NM

@Michelle166 I would ask the guest if they might have taken it. If they say no, just write it off as a business expense. It would be another matter if it were an iPhone...