Guests booking already booked dates

Karl100
Level 1
Reykjavík, Iceland

Guests booking already booked dates

Hello, this problem just happened today, never before.

So a guest made an inquiry for a date that has already been booked/accepted.

Does this happen to anyone else? The day is 12th

all.PNGbook.PNG

4 Replies 4
Lawrene0
Level 10
Florence, Canada

Yes, @Karl100, it happened here last week, after years of it never happening. In my case it was a system-blocked date for prep. It was a reschedule, and I did end up approving it, but it was highly inconvenient to do a same-day turnaround that day. It's why I have ticked the prep-time box. I did contact Airbnb via twitter to see what I could do to ensure it never happens again. 

Nothing really, except complain. 

They explained that the problem came because the guest wanted two days and entered that, could not get them, so shortened their booking to one day and the blocked prep day magically (my word, not CC's) opened for them. Guest was thrilled. The developers are "looking into it". 

Since yours is an actual booked date, you'll have to contact Airbnb, too. I suspect it is some sort of loophole like mine was. Guest wanted a date, couldn't get it, changed something, and voila! 

But will you let us know?

Claudiu-Nicolae0
Level 10
Barcelona, Spain

@Karl100 Yes, AirBnb let guests send inquiries for blocked dates. Don't worry, just decline the inquiry, if you have these dates unavailable.

Thanks. I just listed last night and already had this happen to me. Will I be penalized for declining even though the dates conflict with a previous instantaneous booking?

Victoria567
Level 10
Scotland, United Kingdom

Reply to guest saying you can book only if calandar is free.