Guests of guest leaving house in a mess

Rosa97
Level 2
New York, NY

Guests of guest leaving house in a mess

I just hosted a guest with wife and a baby, from Utah, A NIGHTMARE , They left a mess dirty baby diapers from 5 days in the rooms 

plus all kinds of leftovers from their eating in the rooms and all over the apartment, bathroom a big MESS. I mean garbage all over the place and in the floor. I never had anybody like this before, plus they brought two extra friends that were taking bath in my apartment ,  so I am saying 4 guests for the price of one even though I was there and I would tell them in a nice way , they were very sarchastic, careless , it seems that they were paying for a MAID to be in their beck and call. I live by myself reason I didnt want no problem with this guests They never threw the garbage out for 5 Days. They could not find any complain to make about the hosting but yet . they complained about the WIFI which was not a problem with the past guests that I had. Any sugestions.     

Thanks Rosa

9 Replies 9
Marzena4
Level 10
Kraków, Poland

First of all, @Rosa97, you could have informed Airbnb Customer Service about the issues with the guests - it was a legit case for termination of their stay. Now you can and should request money for extra cleaning asap. And make sure you include those essentials in your review for them. No hate, just facts.

// "The only person you can trust is yourself"
Edwin57
Level 10
New York, United States

Is on you reason because you live there respect is do not the other way around when i have a guest I tell them respect the house and the house will respect you we and I mean we all of Airbnb we work hard 

@Edwin57, your post is incomprehensible.  ..

Susie35
Level 5
Boston, MA

@Rosa97  did you take any photos ??? Really give them a terrible review.  Save the rest of us from ever hosting them! 

I thought about taking photos. but I was concerned about the smell and I started cleaning right away, first time this happen.

It wont happen again. Maybe it was a normal way of life for them.

My policy is to gently and politely ask once. If this is ignored, then I take photos and contact Air BnB immeadiately! Photos are documentation. I have found it is simple with no cause for argumentation. For one family, they actually wrote a 5 * review because of the professional and drama free way it was handled. 

Emilia42
Level 10
Orono, ME

Hi @Rosa97, the trouble is is that you gave these guests a great review. Now they are free to roam and trash other hosts homes. Please, please, for the sake of all future hosting experinces, leave honest reviews!

I did write that they were nice people and that I learned a lot from them because it was the first time that I experienced this type of situation.

Andreas-and-Anna0
Level 10
West Vancouver, Canada

Please don't leave good reviews! Doesn't make sense!