Hampton Roads/Norfolk VA Group

Hampton Roads/Norfolk VA Group

Hi Everyone, 

We have a home in Norfolk, VA located in the East Beach area. We would love to connect with other hosts in the area to create a community and add more communication between our specific group of hosts. We know that where we are is challenging with the navy bases along with the college community that take advantage of our homes so being able to support one another would be great! Please send a message and we would love to chat with all of you!

36 Replies 36

Any updates on this? Curious as well. Thank you!

Hello Alexis, 

Have you found out more about the requirements?  I am in the same situation. I am trying to learn more about Norfolk requirements. I appreciate any information. 

Betty223
Level 2
Emerald Isle, NC

Hi From Willoughby Spit Norfolk Virginia! 

New have a Cottage in Willoughby Spit and are about the open another in East Ocean View. My husband, 2 adult daughters started with Airbnb in Sept 2018. We have been very successful super host renting and managing ourselves. I am interested in co-hosting for other rentals in the area. I manage bookings, cleanings, supplies, etc. I would love to connect with other Airbnb host in the area! 

Hi Betty.  I wish I was hosting a cottage on Willoughby Spit and East Ocean View! 

Hi Betty, 

I own a home in East Ocean View.  I have been managing it myself, but will be traveling much of the next year out of the area.  Do you or do you know of anyone I could hire as a property manager for exactly what you describe above - bookings, cleanings, etc?

Chris

Hey Chris,

Im looking for a few Air B & B's to clean.  if you need someone I'd be glad to talk to you.Please feel free to contact me.

Debbie H. 

Thanks @Debbie589  for reaching out.  I'm just seeing this.  I hired a cleaner for my property, but if that changes I will let you know.  Thank you!

Thank you 🙂

Debbie,

Are you still looking for homes to clean?

Hello @Debbie589  I'm interested in hearing about your cleaning experience for my property in Hampton VA. please reach out with contact inf

Good afternoon to all my fellow Norfolk hosts! 

My name is Nicole, I currently help manage and clean a 5 star rated air bnb located in downtown Norfolk. Mermaid sanctuary is the name and your always welcome to read over the reviews. 

I have noticed many of you needing and in search of help with your properties from cleaning to managing. 
Although my experience is limited to almost a year in this specific field, my understanding and comprehension and 14 year of experience of the hospitality, and customer experience, and in-depth knowledge of cleaning is something I would love to bring to the table for you and your air bnb. 

I strive to have repeat guests and the best reviews possible. As our online forum is the upmost important in regards to the flow of income for all. 

if you’re interested in continuing a conversation please reach out to me. 

I thank you for your time. 

sincerely, 

John4756
Level 2
Virginia, United States

Debbie, 

Are you still interested in cleaning some air bnbs? i'm buying a vacation rental in Buckroe and need a go to person. 

Hi Christopher! I know you've already hired a cleaner but if you're still looking for a manger I would love to connect. My partner and I are expanding our Hosting sector and would like to add onto the properties we currently manage.  I handle the listing, calendar, inventory,  updated photos,  guest communication cleaning, repairs, etc. 

I also own Skyes The Limit Cleaning, LLC based in Hampton (But I live on this side). We are licensed and insured. My networking circle includes landscaping, plumbing, electrician, handymen, photography, etc. 

Marissa A.

Lindsay214
Level 2
Virginia Beach, VA

thank you guys so much for starting this group! I need advice/help from the Hampton Roads community. I can’t find my exact scenario anywhere online. I have someone who is military that has been staying in my house since June 6. She has paid in full through July 26 and I have already received the payouts but she let me know today ( and provided official military documentation)  that she is leaving a week early and needs a refund for that week. I already provided a 45% discount for her stay based on it being long-term and the fact that she is military.  I am a former Marine spouse and have the utmost respect for the Marines… I know a change in her orders is out of her control, but I have been counting on this income (I am a single teacher so times are rough).   I know that Airbnb offers  refunds to military that provides the proper documentation but their policy states that they do that before the check in date… I can’t find information anywhere for when the circumstance exists in the middle of the booking time frame.   Virginia law states that if a termination of the lease due to military orders happens with proper documentation...they cannot be charged for the full lease no matter what (ie- if they pay rent on the first and have to leave on the 7th....they don’t have to pay any more rent after that).  But this was not a lease.  If Airbnb does determine she is owed a refund... does that come from me or them?  Any knowledge or advice anyone can offer me would be appreciated and helpful. 

Personally, I would refund the last week even if it wasn't military orders.  I believe it is the right thing to do and with this much advance notice, you can still get another guest into your home.