Has anyone noticed changes group bookings and reviewings?

Sab-And-Vas0
Level 5
New York, NY

Has anyone noticed changes group bookings and reviewings?

It seems like when two or more people book now everyone's names and profiles appear on the itinerary-- which is great because you can now see reviews for others in the group, not just the main person booking, even if it is after they have booked.

Airbnb is also prompting me to write a review for a couple that stayed with us, and both of their profiles seem to be attached. The prompt is to write a review for "x and y" (the first names from each account). Has anyone reviewed this way yet? I'm curious as to whether our review would be posted on both accounts, and how others feel about the update!

4 Replies 4
Angela104
Level 1
Lawrence, KS

I just noticed something similar.  We had a return guest and her husband.  as it turned out they did not actually stay with us, but rather, her brother-in-law and mother-in -law.  I was rather surprised by this last minute change, but i noticed that when I received the guest review email, that it refered to the guest as 'Kari's Group" .  I had never seen this "group" thing and wonder if I missed some change.

Angela

HyangHee0
Level 3
Busan, South Korea

We also noticed Airbnb asking for reviews for a guest's "group". The booking was made in one persons name for 2 guests (2 friends traveling together). We just reviewed the person who booked, as there was no second profile attached. So we were also wondering what this was about...

Paul-And-Raymond0
Level 4
Sydney, Australia

Same. I a, now getting messages about reviewing a group. So far so goo, as they have all been cool. I do think Airbnb should send an email each week or month to notify of upcoming updates to aspects like changes to reviews. And not actually operationalise the, until the notification goes out.

"Hi Everyone, just letting you know that in June X, we will be changing the way we do reviews. The reason that we are now asking you to review groups is because we find that....."

Andrée2
Level 10
Portland, OR

Yes, I have noticed that it wil no longer be a review of the individual but their "group". I believe it is to remind us as hosts to consider the behaviors (good or otherwise) of all of the guests so that the person that did the booking does not get held responsible for others' actions. It also encourages hosts to be able to add things like "her friend Allison was so nice and actually helped me carry groceries into the house". Some hosts probably already did that but....