Have you ever fallen in love with an Airbnb home?

Laura2592
Level 10
Frederick, MD

Have you ever fallen in love with an Airbnb home?

We recently had a guest offer to buy our place! They asked us about it, and left a note in the guestbook saying to contact them. Our cottage is not for sale, but what a great compliment.  I suppose if they showed up with a suitcase full of cash I might think about it 🙂

We stayed at a REMARKABLE old Victorian once in New Orleans that I was completely smitten with. Had I money at the time, I would have made that host a similar offer. I am a bit of an architecture nerd and love unique properties, which is one of the great things about Airbnb-- I get to snoop!

Have you ever fallen in love with an Airbnb that you stayed at to the point that you would seriously consider buying it? What made your heart flutter?

17 Replies 17

@Laura2592 I've fallen in love with a location, not necessarily a house.

A few years ago I stayed in a magnificent farmhouse in the Westfjords of Iceland. It was right on the edge of a fjord & had a hot tub and a huge 20m swimming pool fed by hot springs. It was glorious to get in the warm pool and have a mindblowing view across the fjord. And there were beautiful & friendly Icelandic horses to visit as well.

I'm not sure how I'd do there in winter though. The hosts said they were snowed in from October to April & if they wanted to get anywhere it was on the mail boat that only came every 2 weeks!

@Rachel177  I keep looking at booking a trip to Iceland. We have pretty inexpensive flights from our local area. I have been window shopping stay locations. There's some amazing ones!

@Laura2592 it's such an amazing country. We spent 7 days self-driving and had a great time. I would love to go back, it's just so expensive to get to from Australia.