Haven't received payout for 2 nights almost a week after guest canceled. Being ignored by Airbnb.

Anna588
Level 2
Park Forest, IL

Haven't received payout for 2 nights almost a week after guest canceled. Being ignored by Airbnb.

My guest canceled after the first night of her 21 night reservation. Since it was prior to 24 hrs, I was supposed to receive the payout for 2 nights. I received the following email from Airbnb (certain things "x'ed" out):

"Hi Anna,

We regret to inform you that your guest Beth canceled reservation HMDBNASXXX starting on 2017-03-31. Per your cancellation policy, your payout has been updated to $XX. Your guest was refunded $XXX.

This payout will be released 24 hours after the check-in date. You can review the updated payout in your Transaction History.

You can also refund the full amount to the user by clicking the button below."

Obviously it's been well over 24 hours since her check in date. Normally I receive the payment in my bank account the next day after being released by Airbnb. It's been almost a week.The transaction still shows up as "future" in my transaction history. I can no longer see the reservation under my bookings nor on my calendar, however under my messages she shows up as canceled and I can see the details of the cancelation there.

I've received payments since then for stays that took place after this canceled guest, so it doesn't seem like it's an issue on my end or with my bank.

I've emailed Airbnb twice about it. No response. I've tried to call 3-4 times. Once I actually reached a human and she said 'Oh I see she canceled. Hmm. Let me look into this, please hold', then after a long while waiting, it seemed like the rep was trying to get back on the line and hung up on me instead. She did not call me back. The other times I've tried calling, I sit on hold for about 20 mins, then I give up.

Wth, airbnb?

4 Replies 4
Branka-and-Silvia0
Level 10
Zagreb, Croatia

@Anna588

I am sorry to hear that, the best is if you contact ABB on twitter and on other ways until they send you your payout.

Here is how

https://community.airbnb.com/t5/Community-Help/Contact-Airbnb-A-Community-Help-Guide/m-p/16165/highl...

Thanks for your reply!

Shoot I don't have twitter. I was hoping I would get a response from Airbnb here! Do they not monitor the communit center feeds? As mentioned I have tried calling multiple times and have had no luck in getting through! So frustrating! I guess I will continue to try to call them. 

Claudia1563
Level 1
Los Angeles, CA

Did you ever get your payout?  I seem to be having the same issue now.  I just want to be sure.  I did open a case with Airbnb but no response now.  It has been over a month.

Hi, 

I am in the same situation you were having back in April, just wondering if it got resolved.

Thanks! Shirley