Hi do airbnb still take a fee from me if a guest cancels

Hi do airbnb still take a fee from me if a guest cancels

Hi im new to airbnb and was just asking if anybody knows that if I have a booking and they cancel do airbnb charge me any fees

2 Replies 2

Airbnb's host fees are a percentage that is deducted from the payout of a booking. In the event of a cancellation, your payout is determined by the Cancellation Policy you choose. When the guest is refunded 100%, there is nothing to deduct a fee from and therefore no additional charge.

Robin4
Level 10
Mount Barker, Australia

@Tracy392 

Tracy things never quite add up....Airbnb always make sure they get something.

Technically you do not get charged anything if the guest cancels!

I had a cancellation yesterday that I must admit, did annoy me a bit, the guest cancelled  the day before arrival leaving me no chance of getting another 3 night booking. I am out $280.00

Refund.png

I feel sympathy for the guest, my wife Ade suffered from panic anxiety for almost 20 years but this guest obviously had knowledge of his condition and had to realise there was a strong possibility that he would be under mental pressure to follow through on his booking committment. He cancels, gets his money back.....I am left with 3 unbooked nights.....not really fair!

You can see what happens with this screenshot....you won't be charged anything Tracy, but you won't get anything if you have a flexible cancellation policy!

I have always wanted to be fair to guests and not charge for a service I haven't provided but, after this I am thinking of changing to a moderate cancellation policy so I don't get caught like this again!

The interesting thing is that there is still $1.00 floating around there in the Airbnb system. I don't know how that works out,  but........!

Cheers