Holiday pricing

Holiday pricing

Hi there everyone,

One of my friends/fellow vacation rental owners just switched to VRBO because of the difficulties surrounding Airbnb's holiday pricing vs. weekend pricing. I just received a reservation request for Labor Day weekend and noticed that my normal weekend pricing had overwritten my custom holiday pricing for Labor Day. I had to apologize, decline the reservation, and raise the price again. I had to turn off Instant Book because it's impossible to keep up with constantly updating the prices for holidays and high seasons that come up 6 months in advance. Is anyone else having these issues? Why can't we have a holiday pricing and high season setting that actually overrides the normal weekend and base pricing?? That seems like a simple enough thing to program into the website, no? Otherwise, it seems very time consuming for us owners who actually have other jobs.

Thanks,

Laura

2 Replies 2
Dawn33
Level 10
San Marcos, TX

Turn off "smart pricing" and book the year in advance with the prices that work for you.

Mike77
Level 10
Bend, OR

Just go into your calendar and set the prices for individual / particular day or days.  If you think Labor Day should go for $200 then set the price.  Who is going to stop you?

Mike
AirBnB Treehouse for Rent
https://www.airbnb.com/rooms/7292887