Honest reviews

Albert2082
Level 2
Rancho Cordova, CA

Honest reviews

Hello there my name is Jamie and me and my husband have used Airbnb 3 times and our 1st experience was Awful and the bad part I was not able to leave a review and that left me feeling defeated after our horrible experience. Here I am almost a year to the date of that horrible experience I just find out that the “super host “ of that gross place was able to leave me a bad review for being honest and not satisfied. My stay was for one week and costed me $1500 and I left 3 days early because of how gross and uncomfortable I felt. I want to know if anyone else has had this problem before?

10 Replies 10
Albert2082
Level 2
Rancho Cordova, CA

I want people in here to understand that Albert is my husband and it’s my photo it was not intended to be this way…. It’s just how it worked out and it seems like the person who left the bad review for me couldn’t make sense of what was going on but me and my husband travel together he was with me during my surgery and I have pictures of my admissions papers to the hospital the I sent to Airbnb with my name on it and they shared these photos with the host so he is just playing dumb 

@Albert2082 

I'd find the claim that airbnb shared medical information with a host implausible

Sarah977
Level 10
Sayulita, Mexico

@Albert2082  Sorry, but the misunderstanding about who had booked and who was staying was a very minor part of this host's review of you.

Your behavior (or your husband's) as this host describes it, was totally unacceptable. This host has 266 glowing reviews from his past guests, and he leaves nice reviews for his guests as well. No one has complaints like he said you made. Were you just trying to get a free stay by reporting him to Airbnb and thinking you'd get a refund?

It's pretty obvious who was at fault here and it isn't the host. 

You apparently completely disrepected the space you rented and the host, made bogus complaints to Airbnb, caused damages and left a disaster behind you. No one would ever want to rent to people who behave like this and I feel sorry for the host you disrespected.

And you still don't understand how Airbnb works. Posting this explanation here on an international forum with thousands of users all over the world is pointless.

**[Comment removed in line with Community Center Guidelines]

@Albert2082  My picture? What is wrong with you?

Branka-and-Silvia0
Level 10
Zagreb, Croatia

So @Albert2082  you broke a lockbox, locked the room from inside, replaced the shower curtain and toilet seat without telling the host, left a mess so the cleaning after your 4-nights stay took much longer than usual, removed the big rug, complained to Airbnb multiple times and all your allegations were declined... and on the end (fortunately) you didn't even understand how to leave a review.

Now, 1 year after your stay you are complaining again.

Your host has 300 great reviews from happy guests who describe his place as Awesome, Great, Clean, Comfortable... and he has 4,9* rating out of 5*

Sorry Jamie and Albert, but I don't believe the problem is with the host. Please do everyone a favour and stay at home in the future. Sorry if it sounds rude but your behaviour is socially unacceptable.

And your automatically believe everything the host is saying but he is a liar .See you are all mad and upset because you are hosts with Airbnb??? And if you are you know that all those reviews are fake because if anyone thought that was a clean property doesn’t know what clean is . And yes it’s a year later and I am upset because the rating he left for me was accepted but mine for him was rejected 

No @Albert2082  it is not automatically, it's 266 Javier's guests against you, and they can't all be fake.

Yes, we are Airbnb hosts and guests. Both.

Sarah977
Level 10
Sayulita, Mexico

@Albert2082 No, that's not the way it works. Plenty of guests have legitimate complaints about a listing or the host. And some hosts are bad hosts. When we as hosts read guest complaints here, we look at both the host's profile and the guest's. If a host has a history of complaining reviews, saying it was dirty, or whatever, that tells us the guest has legitimate issues, and if we also see the host leaves nasty reviews for lots of his guests, that also tells us that the host isn't professional or expects unreasonable things. 

So we, as hosts, will sympathize with and advise the guest on how to proceed to address the issue, and tell them that the host certainly seems to be at fault, that their behavior, or the maintenance of their listing is unacceptable.

Your posts here just reenforce the host's assessment of you.

I assume you just tried to book another place and are being declined, which is as it should be, and why you are sudddenly bringing this up a year after the fact.

And no, no host has 266 "fake" reviews nor do 266 other guests not know what constitutes "clean".

Nick
Former Community Manager
Former Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

Hello everyone, and thank you all for your participation in this thread.

I have noticed that some comments on this discussion have become rather personal and do not benefit the community, nor are they in line with our guidelines.

Based on the above, I will now close this topic.