Hosting query

Hosting query

I host a room in my house, check in 5pm and check out 10am. If a guest books 2 nights are they allowed to stay in the house 24 hours each day or can I expect them to leave at 10am and come back later?

5 Replies 5
Susan151
Level 10
Somerville, MA

The assumption is that guests will have access to the spaces you have allowed them to use by virtue that they have rented them, at anytime between their check in and check out times.

If you can't live with this arrangement, then you must be very clear in your listing that guests should be out of the house from 10am-5pm, and include it in your house rules as well. This will, no doubt, reduce the desireability of your listing.

The reason I have used the word "must" above is that without clarity, I can guarnatee that you will have some scathing reviews. This AirBNB thing does require that we list our spaces and homes very accurately.

Helen3
Level 10
Bristol, United Kingdom

Hi @Shirley206

If you don't want guests to stay at your place during the day, you must list this in your house rules and make it clear up front in your description as this would be rather unusual for an Airbnb listing.

You will find the vast majority want to come and go as they please, so this will mean most wouldn't want to stay at your place, but find a listing where the owner is more flexible.

Fred13
Level 10
Placencia, Belize

@Shirley206 Better yet, set your listing to 1-day maximum.

I have never heard of requiring guest to not be on the premises while they do indeed have an existing booking, nor think of a single person that would consider this within the realm of normal. Too hard to pull off.

Branka-and-Silvia0
Level 10
Zagreb, Croatia

haha @Shirley206 are you serious? 😄

Andreas-and-Anna0
Level 10
West Vancouver, Canada

Please don’t host. This is a bad idea set up for failure. For you and guest.