Hosting, superhost status, more than one room

Jared74
Level 2
Wilmington, NC

Hosting, superhost status, more than one room

My wife and I just started hosting. We are offering two private rooms. I am her co-host on one listing and she is my co-host on the other listing. Is this the best approach for making our listings most visible? Should we instead have just one of us carry both listings as the main admin? Any thoughts are really appreciated! Thank you in advance for taking the time and sharing. We are very excited to be starting this new endeavor.

13 Replies 13
Letti0
Level 10
Atascosa, TX

@Jared74  Who is handling all the bookings and online activity? I believe Co-Hosts are limited from seeing and doing some thing. Might be better to have 1 person as host on both. You just share the password and email with each other. Also you may want to add a 3rd listing for both rooms combined for a larger group of maybe 3 or 4 to get additional booking.

Ok, firstly, thank you, @Letti0! Secondly, that's a brilliant idea for a 3rd listing with both rooms to accommodate larger groups -- I'll have to figure that oneout.

It seems co-hosts have just about as much control as hosts. As a co-host I'm able to change everything on the listing for which my wife is admin. I just can't change my "payment" from the host. We are sharing the bookings and online activity -- whoever gets to a task first goes ahead and does it. 

Hmmm, I still wonder if two listings from the same host are as visible as two listings from different hosts given we both end up earning Superhost status.

Thanks again!

You rock! Thank you so much, @Letti0. It's great to have such an amazing first experience asking for help within this community. 

Suzanne302
Level 10
Wilmington, NC

@Jared74 Welcome to hosting! This forum is a wealth of information and the veteran hosts on here have excellent advice!

Awww, thanks so much, @Suzanne302. Maybe we'll meet in person one day here in the great ILM.

@Jared74Yes! I love networking with fellow ABB hosts in Wilmington. Especially those who do home sharing. It's a little bit of a different world than those who simply rent out their beach house.

This is my first year of hosting so I'm not sure what our "off" season will be like, but spring and summer have been very busy.

@Suzanne302 That's good to know you've been busy. We look forward to the rest of this season and we'll just have to wait and see what fall/winter look like.

Lisa723
Level 10
Quilcene, WA

@Jared74 @Letti0 co-hosts cannot request or send money through the resolution center. They also cannot see private review feedback from guests.

That's great to know. Thank you, @Lisa723. Any thoughts on whether one of us should serve as admin on both listings for best visibility or is it fine to split them up?

I doubt that it matters either way. It might be somewhat confusing for guests if the same location has two different hosts, I guess. I've seen that some couples share a single host profile, e.g. "Jack & Jill" but I don't know Airbnb's official position on doing that.

I guess another factor is to make sure your wife is visible if not the primary host, because some female guests will prefer (feel safer) knowing another woman is hosting.