How can I delete old inbox messages?

Rupert2
Level 3
London, United Kingdom

How can I delete old inbox messages?

Hi,

How can I clean up my inbox and delete old messages?

Thank you

24 Replies 24

Probably the most accurate/erudite comment I have read this year...

Contacted their support and still no solution.... beyond joke! 

Ramulas0
Level 1
United States

It would be great if you could delete older messages.  Get it together AirBnB

Maria11645
Level 1
Toronto, Canada

I am so angry with all this situation about the messages in Airbnb and I just can't believe it. I will cancelled my account. This people should respect what we want to do with our messages, which, by the way, are private.

Niovi4
Level 1
Thessaloniki, GR

I wrote down some information about my house in a private message for a client, after few seconds  i reconsider what i wrote down and  wanted  to recorrect it and delete it.  Then i realised that there is no such option!!! This is very dangerous for airbnb community. Airbnb do something and protect this from situations where mistakes are made. This is nonsense! 

Ty50
Level 1
Clearwater, CA

Lmao its not that big of a deal. They provide a service. If a person does not like the service then create your own or dont use it... it would be nice but some of these comments are hilariously outrageous. Its a privilege to use the service. Use it or dont haha

Daniel7625
Level 1
Waterlooville, United Kingdom

In Europe, we have GDPR and data protection laws. Corporations can't do whatever they please like in the USA. It's moronic to say that if you don't like it, don't use it when some of us are using Airbnb as professional hosts to put food on the table. If we don't like it and if they are breaking the law they must comply. It's because of ignorant people like you that corporations try and circumvent the laws in the first place.

Host asked me to share passport numbers wich were required to book boat tickets.  I was hesistant, but he said it was necessary. After sharing through AirBnB messages, and him taking the numbers down, I want to delete the message that contains the numbers so that it is no longer on AirBnB account. Apparently this is impossible. That's ridiculous and a GDPR violation, I believe. 

Hamish40
Level 1
England, United Kingdom

Here is the current email of the AirBNB CEO: 

**[E-mail address removed due to safety reasons - Community Center Guidelines]

Vin9458
Level 2
Guildford, United Kingdom

It seems there is no such options!

My inbox is full of clutter and I would like to keep it clear. Plus EU regulators will soon be biting hard on the GDPR right to be forgotten.

In my view, unless a booking is done, there is no need for the messages in the inbox to be staying after its duration and closure.