How can they allow this? Group booking cancelled non payment and allowed to rebook again as a qroup!

Letti0
Level 10
Atascosa, TX

How can they allow this? Group booking cancelled non payment and allowed to rebook again as a qroup!

This is really upsetting me. I just got off the phone with AirBnB. I had a group booking for 1 day 9/15/18. it's been 4 days today at 2;00 pm since it was made. AirBnB cancelled the reservation on her for non-payment. The reservation said cancelled. I had raised the price up by $30 on the calendar there was a two day period we tested lowering the price and then moved them all back to normal this was when she booked. An hour again on the cancelled reservation for $30 less for the day she was able to rebook as a group booking again. How was this possible? The AirBnB guy has no clue how it was allowed and she didn't have to do a new reservation. Now this reservation can go to day 7 before her stay becaause if it gets cancelled again it will after check in on that day so my 100% cancellation policy falls into place this time and they can cancel again at no cost. This is ridiculous. 72 hours, then 24/25 hours and it was cancelled. 3 hours later she rebooks and the clock starts all over again at 72 hours again with that extra 24/25 hour window. 

The AIrBnB CS rep is calling her to explain she needs to rebook with a new reservation that is paid in full immediately and her infant is paid for as a paying guest or I am cancelling this reservation. So she pays $50 more and in full or I am so done with her. She's the one that wants the $84.99 plus tax pay per view also of the boxing match. I just don't understand how they could allow a group booking to go into the 7 day range on a 100% pay on a strict cancellation. I think I am justified in being upset with this. He's going to get back to me to let me know what she decided to do. Arghhh...  Disgusted in Texas!

19 Replies 19
Fred13
Level 10
Placencia, Belize

When this policy came out,  we all discussed at length how this new policy will be abused, especially the long amount of time afford it to it, and sure enough it has and it will with many hosts. Thank God many guests are not aware of this option.

There are two very basic rules in life: 1) whatever is allowed to go wrong it will, it is just a matter of time.  2) Whatever can be abused (aka taken advantage of) by humans, it will, for endless reasons. 

The 'kids' at Airbnb appear to think they are dealing with a totally different human nature that the world has never 'seen' before.

Letti0
Level 10
Atascosa, TX

Well she finally paid without the changes requested late last night after AirBnB left her a voicemail. I sent the rental agreement at 5:25 AM this morning. First she says no deposit was mention in the description. I in turn showed her where she agreed to it can be charged. So I noticed that she cancelled the rservation, AirBnB contacted us 25 minutes later. I was expecting this. She wanted a pay per view fight and planned on brings others to watch it and the agreement says NO, so she cancelled. All we got from her erroneous booking was $96.51 lol and she blocked the whole weekend with her one day for about 8 days with the two group booking and her finally booking. She was the one that wanted that $84.99 plus tax pay per view. I guess the rental agreement brought home NO extra vistors or guests. I just got a call from AirBnB that they are going to refund as it's extinuating circustances.  I told them read the message exhange and AirBnB's policies, it is in no way extinuating circumstances. She just didnt want to sign my rental agreement. They finally agreed with me. I am sure this is not over, but dang if I give her a dime back for not reading a thing, it's the principle, not the money with this one. 

Lizzie
Former Community Manager
Former Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

Hello @Letti0@Fred13@Syl11@Sarah977@Noel63@Shaun69@Kelly149@Lisa723@Dawn33,

Thanks for updating everyone on what happened in the end Letti, I really hope it has sorted itself out now. I am sorry you have had a difficult time with this booking. 

As this is regarding a Group Payment, I wanted to make you aware of a recent announcement regarding news on this payment feature. Here is the link to the topic, in the Airbnb Updates board.

Thanks so much,

Lizzie

[Rebecca, I know you have seen the announcement, so didn't want to spam you] 🙂

--------------------

Thank you for the last 7 years, find out more in my Personal Update.

Looking to contact our Support Team, for details...take a look at the Community Help Guides.

@Lizzie  So if they are not doing new reservations for group bookings as per the article HOW was my guest allowed to have one cancel and then be able to rebook another group payment for the booking the same day last week with less than 14 days before the stay. This is the message I got from support after she rebooked it again:

Airbnb Support
7:45 PM
Hi Letti,

Good day, this is Julius, your dedicated Case Manager, I hope this message finds you well.

I've managed to call your Guest XXXXXX, but was routed to a voicemail. I've sent her a message offering further assistance regarding the group payment option that they had opted to use for this reservation.

I understand how inconvenient this payment is for the Host, as well as the complications dealing with multiple Guest to cover the cost, but as your Case Manager, allow me to personally look after the development of this reservation, so if at any point that this would run into some problem, I can go immediately contact your Guest to further assist them in resolving it.

Regards,
Lizzie
Former Community Manager
Former Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

Hello @Letti0,

I believe the Group Payment feature is due to be closed from mid-September, so it is likely that you are close to the cut off for this, as it winds down. Any existing bookings already made via this payment method are to be honored and so I imagine, this is why this booking went ahead. 

--------------------

Thank you for the last 7 years, find out more in my Personal Update.

Looking to contact our Support Team, for details...take a look at the Community Help Guides.