How do I share my other listing with potential guests?

Harriet33
Level 2
England, United Kingdom

How do I share my other listing with potential guests?

Hello, I'm new to Air Bnb and have just launched two listings - one property sleeps 23 and the other sleeps 4. The properties are closely adjacent.

Recently I had an enquiry for the first property, but they wanted to bring 28 people (including children) so I wanted to suggest that they could rent BOTH my properties for those dates, which would offer space for 27 people plus a crib. 

However I couldn't find a way to direct them to my second listing. Even if you copy and paste text from Air Bnb's own Help pages, the text is censored out of the message, so I reckon if I try and paste in the URL of my second Air Bnb property it will just be censored out (all URLs seem to be censored out, even just the word "Google".)

How can I share another listing within a conversation on my Air Bnb messages?

Thanks....

8 Replies 8
Emiel1
Level 10
Leeuwarden, The Netherlands

Hi @Harriet33 ,

Airbnb's own links are not censored in messages, so you can direct them to your homepage in messages, which shows all listings, even to guest who are not logged in (so it is also useable for external linking from social media etc..)

Your homepage is :  https://www.airbnb.com/users/154560735/listings (maybe you have to change ".com" by ".co.uk" or whatever you use)

You can even upload a cover photo to make it more attractive.

Best regards, Emiel

@Emiel1 I did not know that AirBnB's own links are not censored!

This is the new thing I have learned today.

Emiel1
Level 10

@Matthew285 ,

Were talking about the Airbnb message system here ("Inbox"), i reguraly sent potential guest the link to my Airbnb homepage (or link to one of my listings), and those links are not censored.

I never tried to include such link in the, for example, description of the listing, so no idea if it will work there also. But can be tested...

Harriet33
Level 2
England, United Kingdom

That's incredibly helpful - thanks for the information, I found my home-page and have successfully sent the link to the guest as you suggested.

It's also good to know that I can send them links to Air Bnb's help pages too (rather than attempting to copy and paste the text!) as often I need to send them info on Split Payments or Pay Less Up Front...

Thanks again.

Harriet

Emiel1
Level 10

Hello @Harriet33 ,

That's a great idea, sending those help pages !

Never tried to sent such a link , but hopefully they are not censored too,

Best regards, Emiel

Bernard37
Level 2
West Orange, NJ

For those who are still confused I would like to add the steps necessary to share another listing with an inquiring guest. Go to your "Listings" tab... click "Preview" on the listing you would like to share...then click the "Share button at the top right. A list of options will pop up..choose "Copy Link" then go to your inbox and paste into your message thread to the guest. that's it!! it will not be blocked by Airbnb. Hope that clarifies things a bit more,  Happy Hosting : )

Tandy1
Level 1
San Pedro, Costa Rica

Hello @Bernard0 thank you so much for trying to clarify....because I was still confused.

I always like to try these things on myself.....so when I copy link and send to myself, and I click link to open, it shows me "EDIT LISTING" - is this because I am sending to myself??  and maybe this does not show up when sending to someone else?

Thank you for any insight.

All the best,

Tandy

Emiel1
Level 10

@Tandy1,

It is indeed because you sent it to yourself and you own the listing.

If you are logged out on Airbnb, put listing link in addressfield of browser and you will see listing same way as other people see it.

Even better, sent people your homepage:

https://www.airbnb.com/users/210994486/listings (or replace ".com" with your local Airbnb site)

Happy hosting,

Emiel