How to complain about Case Manager

Amy-And-Gin0
Level 4
London, United Kingdom

How to complain about Case Manager

Hello, I opened a Resolution Case and passed around to different Case Managers.  The first one gave me the run around and the 2nd one dismissed the case minutes after picking it up without reviewing the information.  He handled it very poorly and wrote to me incoherently in broken English.  My claim may be small in monetary value but is about fairness and about Airbnb protecting hosts.  I had a terrible guest experience where the guest violated house rules, invited unwanted guests over and soiled my sheets.  I later found out he may have engaged in sexual activity in my home even though he booked for one person only.  I was so disgusted that had to get rid of the bedsheets and donate the sofa.  The Case Manager dismissed me and would not allow me to complain or speak to a supervisor about how poorly he handled it.  No one should be allowed to be treated like this.  Please help!

57 Replies 57
Maddalena35
Level 2
Watford, United Kingdom

Hi there is Maddy here , I ve been hosting with Airbnb for more than few years and I am disgusted with customer service , case manager and so on it sucks.

no one cares , I had a case just recently where a case manager refund an aggressive insulting guest that was outside my rental apartment the time after he was due to check in.

she had no right to refund him as it goes against the policy.AN DISGUSTED, they do not care, most of them do not speak English , they only good at one thing at charging you money and unfair penalties, Airbnb it is a disgrace.

i have now contacted the Head office and now a lawyer against the case manager, and I will file a claim against Airbnb and do anything in my power to get a case against this incapable case manager, am sick and tired with them, I am so disappointed that is unreal.

Mary996
Level 10
Swansea, United Kingdom

What happened Maddalena? I'm very concerned.

The quality of staff is base . They are also rude and incompetant. WHY are we paying for them and putting up with this?

I have similar totally discussing case. The case manager from China refunded $500 for not heating the apt, when the its more the 60-70 degree.

The case was thrashers   to China! They do not speak English and have no idea about the NYC law.

Use google to translate , but refunded $500!!!!

I told to my attorney today about that, he was loafing 15 min.

The team in China is so unprofessional.

I am 20 years in that business and that is most ridiculous case ! Tons of Attitude, zero result !

Gigi74
Level 2
Seattle, WA

Hello,  Airbnb is breaking the law in most Countries, Cities and Counties.The Case Managers are a divergent tactic, they will bully you and talk to you condescending.

Then they just stop communicating with you. Bottomline go to the Government website where you live and research the short term rental laws.

There are currently numerous Countries and Cities that have ongoing lawsuits against Airbnb.They refuse to speak with Code Enforcement Officer. Contact the Code Enforcement Office in your local jurisdiction. They will help you because Airbnb breaks the Law and they contributed zero revenue to a City because they break the law.

Which law are you talking specificly Gigi, and may I ask why are you using platform if you are not happy with it?

Mary996
Level 10
Swansea, United Kingdom

Exactly @Jamal26 

I am so fed up with these hyper-critical types who have no solutions ....

I think ARbnb is a great platform, now everybody have issue and it will be back in 1 year.

Agree that now they used totally unpredictable case managers. I have so bed experiance with team from China. They are the worst team.

Amy-And-Gin0
Level 4
London, United Kingdom

Another nightmare story of how Airbnb Case Managers are bullies.  On the surface, they talk about supporting hosts but behind the scenes it is all about siding with the guests, regardless of what is fair.  Had a last minute guest cancellation because the guy complained that he could not use the living room when he booked a Private Room in my home.  I said that I would honor the booking but Case Manager issued a full cancellation even though she had no basis..

new_airbnb_case.jpgnew_airbnb_case2.jpgnew_airbnb_case3.jpgnew_airbnb_case4.jpgnew_airbnb_case5.jpgnew_airbnb_case6.jpgnew_airbnb_case7.jpgnew_airbnb_case8.jpg

@Amy-And-Gin0 ,  I will say, they arent doing themselves any favors when they don't supply native speakers to help calls, thats just asking for added problems.  

I understand your anger over this but I think you are misunderstanding something, If your listing states something or some place is available to a guest but shared with others, it must be available at all times (except bathrooms when occupied).  Also, even if you remove something from your listing after a booking is made, they still have a record of what was offered at the time of the booking.   Stay well, JR

Irina102
Level 2
New York, NY

Aria with Airbnb's Safety team 

Hello, I opened a Resolution Case and passed around to different Case Managers.  The first one gave me the run around and the 2nd one dismissed the case minutes after picking it up without reviewing the information.  Then case was transfered to China  Aria with Airbnb's Safety team .

The Case manager was not knowledgeable and without any help , so I simply dropped that case. Very bed experience.

Exactly what happened to me.  It doesn't look like their Customer Service has improved at all..Who do we need to reach to get qualified Case Managers..

@Amy-And-Gin0  The lengthy screen shot you posted above a year and a half ago does not indicate wrongdoing on the part of CS- it indicates that you have no understanding of what is meant by shared or common spaces on an Airbnb listing.  A shared or common space means the guest has access to that space for the duration of their stay. It absolutely does not mean you can tell a guest they can't have access to it because you happen to have a friend or relative staying over and have housed them in what you listed as a shared space. I'm actually surprised that the CS rep had so much patience with what you refused to understand.

And I have to say, I have never seen a host review page that indicated that the host had  cancelled so many guest reservations, nor so many reviews stating the bathroom was dirty. And if you have a hugely noisy toilet in a shared bathroom that impacts guest's sleep- also mentioned in a ton of your reviews, and there's nothing you can do to remedy it, it should be mentioned in your listing info.

Irina102
Level 2
New York, NY

Another case with  one of case manager from Airbnb Customer Experience team .

He gave me the penalty for not heating the apt at 60 degree.

NYC housing law is the boiler switch to AC the the temperature outside is above 55.  The tenant was asking me to change the boiler set up in the 200 apartments building.

Below is another perl from that case manager. The person who do not speak English, have no idea about the housing in NYC, using Google to translate gave me penalty $500 to not switching the boiler set up in Hi-rise , when the temperature outside was 50-60 degree,

Also he wanted me to download the  the NYC housing policy in my listing. AS per my understanding , tenant should be familiar with NYC law before booking and its not my responsibility to explain it to the tenant.

As I mainly support in Mandarin language, I will be using Google translates to communicate with you, if you prefer us to transfer your issue to native speaker, please let me know and I will be able to do so.