How to offer extra services and experiences to own guests

Kristen325
Level 2
Hedmark, NO

How to offer extra services and experiences to own guests

I have been a host for about two years with almost nothing but great experiences. I am always looking for ways to improve my hosting. For instance I would like to offer experiences and extra services to my guests. I am thinking of services that goes beyond normal service and useful tips (which will always be free of charge): lik skiing lessons, guided tours,  equipment rental service and more. Is there a way to limit Airbnb experiences and other services to your own guests? I do not have the capacity to offer it to others. If not, how can you make your guests aware of what you have to offer in smart way? There is an option to make different guides, but these seem to be best suited to show what others have to offer, not you as a host. Thankful for tips!

4 Replies 4

@Kristen325  Currently, the "Airbnb Experiences" feature can not be integrated into accommodation listings, and each individual experience proposal has to be personally approved by staffers. 

It sounds like what you'd like to offer is more like optional, add-on services that you can customize for your individual guests. It is possible to add offers like this into your listing text - ideally with prices, so it's clear that things like ski equipment are not inclusive amenities. You can receive payment through the system by opening up the reservation and selecting "Request money for additional services" (this tends to work better on the desktop than the app).

If offer something with a high risk of personal injury such as ski lessons, be sure you have independent liability coverage that extends to that. 

Kelly902
Level 2
Cardiff, United Kingdom

What about on the Templates? So once guests have booked add to messages, maybe  screenshot template and add to your photos??

could be an option. 

Patrick568
Level 10
California, United States

This has been a good read, thanks everyone for your input!!! 

Awesome idea! If I were you, I would mention the extra services (and what it costs) to my guests after they've booked. They're then free to take you up on the offer. Here you can find out your options for charging for extra services: https://www.igms.com/making-money-with-airbnb/