How would you review these guests?

Jo133
Level 2
London, United Kingdom

How would you review these guests?

I had a set of three guests in my flat for 10 days. They agreed to house rules which were 1. Do not linger in the bathroom 2. Clean up after yourself.

They were nice people and made a serious effort to follow house rules. They cleaned up a lot. 

But still... the house was a  complete mess when they were here. They made moer mess than they cleaned up. I was also cleaning daily. Also I had to say a number of times that the wc is not a lounge because one of them went in there for long periods of time with his phone. I would not want these people back in my house.

How would you review them? I feel it would be mean to leave a bad review as they were nice and tried really hard to follow house rules. But it would be inconsiderate towards other hosts to not warn them. I leave a bad review when they are not nice people but an undesided in this. As hosts, how would you review them?

4 Replies 4
Hugh26
Level 1
Palmer Rapids, Canada

I have a relating question about how to review the comments of guests made by other host.

There must be a way to do this. 

Hugh

@Hugh26 - no you cannot make comments on the reviews left for guests made by other hosts. 

Steve143
Level 10
Limerick, Ireland

Hello @Jo133,

I too rent a room in my place, where I live. One thing I mention in reviews of guests is whether they stayed in the house a lot or were mostly out exploring. I prefer them to be out exploring.

You want to give them the benefit of having made an effort to follow your rules but also indicate to other hosts that they were a bit more hard work than usual.

You could say something like "they spent time resting in the apartment rather than exploring the city".

That'd be factual. Should you wish to be stronger you could add that there was more interaction than usual or than you had planned for.

Steve.