I'm new in the Airbnb community

Derli1
Level 1
Quintana Roo, Mexico

I'm new in the Airbnb community

Hello guys, My name is Derli and I'm from Cozumel, México.
It's my first experience as host and also how guest, and I'm excited to read information about how I can be a great host.

I really will appreciate your commentaries and help

6 Replies 6
Linda108
Level 10
La Quinta, CA

Please take advantage of both the Help Center articles about hosting and here in the Community Center under Help.  This will give you general process information.  If you have a specific question, this forum is a great place to post the question.  Sometimes there are also other discussion threads about your issue.  Takes time, but a little bit each day adds up.  Good luck!!

Dominic59
Level 2
Summer Hill, Australia

Hi I am brand-new Airbnb andWanting some specific information regarding the type of key holdinglock that is typically used for guests, I haven't submitted any bank account details thus far and don't know how the payment works. What happens if guests steal or break something ?. Has anybody had any experience with the $1 million cover in the event of say a full house burn down as this may not be sufficient cover?

Jeff158
Level 10
Caernarfon, United Kingdom

Hi @Dominic59 we have lots of posts on Lock boxes, if you type it into the search box, top right of this page.

If you go to account settings, you can add bank details at "Payout preferences" it will tell you which banks you can use.

Guests pay airbnb when they book, airbnb pays you 24hrs after the guest checks in.

If guests steal things airbnb might payout but only the secondhand value at the time it was stolen or damaged and you need all the receipts.

You really really need your own insurance cover.

Have fun hosting

Dominic59
Level 2
Summer Hill, Australia

Thank you Jeff

Dena32
Level 2
Myrtle Beach, SC

Never used your website before however I do travel for work and Leisure on occasion... I do see that some of your location say that there's a super-host... Does that mean that the host stay on site with you? The host? And if not could you please explain it to me? Simply because I would much rather rent a place with no one else staying there. Could you please tell me the difference?

Thank you in advance

@Dena32  A SuperHost just indicates that the host of the property has not canceled a reservation in at least a year on a guest, has good reviews from prior guest and has had at least 10 guests in the last year. You need to use the filer Entire Place to find a property that has no host on site. 

Screenshot (214).png