If you're a host... DON'T DO THIS!

Ryann0
Level 1
Salt Lake City, UT

If you're a host... DON'T DO THIS!

I've come accross a fellow host who doesn't seem to understand the review/feedback process. I've actually stayed with this person before, and all the constructive feedback from his guests is 100% reasonable and (if approached with the right attitude) very helpful. Unfortunately though, this host is rude, condescending and just plain unsavory in his responses. I'm a host myself and I take cosntructive criticism very seriously and work to correct problems, etc. How else are we to improve as hosts? Anyway, this guy doesn't get it. As a sidenote: All the comments about his dogs are completely true. His large chocolate lab actually tried to attack my small pomeranian mix, and the same dog escaped from the house a few times when the hosts wasn't home as I was coming and going. That's puts guests in a very awkward position: Do you do the nice thing by risking your time to try to catch the dog? Or do you let the dog run in the streets? But... would I mention that in his review? No. Not unless I want to be berated for telling the truth... I think Airbnb should offer some sort of host intervention and coaching. I wouldn't want this one guy to ruin it for the rest of the hosts. ***

1 Reply 1
David126
Level 10
Como, CO

Tricky one, you obviously offered guidance but if someone does not want to take it there is nothing anyone can do, from a practical perspective the review system will weed him out.

David