Inbox says I have one unread message?

Kristine1
Level 3
Lenexa, KS

Inbox says I have one unread message?

My inbox on the pc and phone says I have 1 unread message but I can't see it?  Is there a spam inbox or something :(! I'm freaking out that there is a request and I can't find it 😞

3 Replies 3
Kristine1
Level 3
Lenexa, KS

Well now it disappeared after an hour 😞

You probably didn't miss anything Kristine.  There have been a few computer glitches recently.  Rule of thumb, though, when you look and look for something and can't find it, give them a call.  Put the airbnb customer service number in your phone so you always have it.  Be selective about calling them, because of long hold times and if your issue isn't urgent, send a note.  If you don't have it, there is a toll free number, but I've memorized this one : )   415-800-5959

Chloe125
Level 1
United Kingdom

To anyone still having this issue, I found a way to fix it; If you have opened a message elsewhere on a different platform (phone, app, etc), sometimes although the message changes to 'read' on all platforms, the desktop version still thinks you have a message. If you reopen that message on the platform that you didn't use previously (in my case, I originally opened a message on my phone, it is now showing as 'read' on all platforms, so I now open the message again on desktop), it should clear inbox (1) notification! I hope that makes sense!