Increased number of guests but price shown that's paid to me decreases?

Claire129
Level 2
London, United Kingdom

Increased number of guests but price shown that's paid to me decreases?

Hi everyone - hope you can help me please...

I had a confirmed booking for 7 people. The guest now wants to increase to 9 guests (the max for the property).

When I go into the system to request a change and increase the number of guests staying, the system doesn't show the stay as increasing in cost - it should be £300 extra + any additional Airbnb fees - instead the system shows that the total price paid to me will REDUCE by GBP£0.06 ?! See screenshot attached.

This makes absolutely no sense.

As a work-around to reassure the guest I've just requested £300 more for 'services', but would like to know if anyone else has had this glitch on the system and what you did about it? 

Thanks for your replies! 

Claire 

6 Replies 6
Marzena4
Level 10
Kraków, Poland

Could you attach thosde screenshots, @Claire129? Are you using Smart Pricing? What are your settings for extra people?

// "The only person you can trust is yourself"

Hi Marzena - thanks for your reply.

No, I don't use smart pricing - here's the screenshot.

My settings for extra people are: for more than 5 guests there's an additional charge of £30 per person, per night (so for the 2 extra guests it would be £30 x2 people x 5 nights = £300) but the new payout doesn't show that.

Any advice appreciated - thanks!

Claire

Screen Shot 2018-01-22 at 09.37.28.png

Gillian19
Level 10
St Leonards, Australia

@Claire129 Sending the request for additional funds is actually smarter as the guests don't pay an additional service fee/commission and neither do you....

Thank you for your reply. Yes, that is what I have done - much better for me and the guest! 

Aurora52
Level 4
Miami, FL

Claire,you can send you’re guests a request for the 300 and advise them to read you’re AD this is what I’m doing I case like this

Thanks for the reply - the guest has approved my additional £ request so everything is good now.

I hope Airbnb fix this ‘glitch’ soon!