Initial Rating of a new third unit

Darius4
Level 1
Los Angeles, CA

Initial Rating of a new third unit

Hi Everyone!

I just purchased a duplex in Mid Wilshire, posted some awesome pics and was wdonering how I can build up my rating more to get more bookings? I am priced farily competitive at $160 a night, the main guy has a small unit in the same zip code with 60 ratings. Can I connect my profile with more social media networks to build trust since I only have one five star rating on this unit? Any feedback is much appreciated. 

2 Replies 2
Barb6
Level 10
Stevensville, MI

@Darius4 Drop your prices. You said you are competitive. You have great reviews on your other listing. So be the cheapest. At least your base price, then add in for an extra guest that makes you the total that you want. 

When trying to compete, what makes your listing better, more interesting, worth the price for the guest to pay the same price as everywhere else?  Unless you have an amenity you can showcase to make you stand out, you have to wait for reviews to start flowing in.  You could lower prices to undercut the competition for a short time, bargain hunters can sometimes be more work, so be wary.  Add a "perk" for now that you can discontinue later like a box of local chocolates or a bottle of wine - make sure that's in your listing! 

Right now you have absolutely no properties available, there is no way for a host here to review your listing to provide feedback.  Even the other "Modern" listing is down.  Airbnb is host-based, which means all your current reviews will be available for the new property.   Point the guests to these nice words as you get the new property off the ground.