What Hosts are saying

Hello everyone,This is a place where you can talk about hosting in a general way. Dive into this board to get to know other hosts, share your experiences, exchange ideas about hosting, and share your host stories.Remember that for more specific questions ...
Hello all, I am curious the experience any of the new AirBnb Plus hosts are having with this new designation. Have you seen any increase in bookings? Was it complicated? Do you feel it was necesary? Latest reply by Ken-And-Kea0
Hey there, I started a Facebook group (book of faces.... in case Airbnb blocks the reference to the external website). It’s titled AIRBNB Hosts of Hampton Roads. Search and you should find it! I am trying to create an easier forum to connect, share resour... Latest reply by Linda513
Problem:Why is there absolutely zero protection for me as a host when an extenuating circumstance grants a 100% refund, hours before a booking was supposed to checkin? Why does airbnb not treat its hosts with the same high standards with which airbnb hop... Latest reply by Emma1983
I was just looking at my calendar and the message "Boost your bookings by 55% in May" came up, with the usual suggestion that I dropped my rate to an unsustainably low amount.The amusing thing is, we're almost fully booked for May anyway we only let one r... Latest reply by Kristin-and-Chris1
Hello, I own a villa that has 5 private bedrooms available for guests, apart from my personal space. At first, I listed the entire place and gave the total number of people it can accommodate, gave details about each room (number of rooms, number of beds,... Latest reply by Franklin61
Can anyone help me, how do I bypass my current case manager and put in a complaint against him??? The level of customer service has been appalling!!! they shut down my account after a complaint, I got the generic email stating a violation of policy and th... Latest reply by John1574