Instant Hotel - season 2...would you enter your Airbnb in a reality competition?

Gregory87
Level 10
Minneapolis, MN

Instant Hotel - season 2...would you enter your Airbnb in a reality competition?

Airbnb reality show on NetflixAirbnb reality show on NetflixThis is the second season of the program being shown on Netflix.  Four hosts stay at each other's listings for 1 night and then they are evaluated by the various hosts and two professionals.  The hosts are narrowed down to two finalists and given AUS$10K each to make improvements to their properties.  Lastly, a winner is chosen and awarded AUS$100K.

1. Would you participate in this type of show?  Why?
  2. Are you prepared to be criticized by other hosts and professionals in front of a national/international audience?
  3. What would you do with the prize money?
  4. Is there another Airbnb property you would nominate for the show?

This is a fun getaway for those of us familiar with Airbnb or other short term rentals.  See if you can figure out the winner before s/he is announced.  If you don't want to watch the series (or aren't a Netflix subscriber), you can check out this article (https://www.bustle.com/p/heres-how-to-book-the-instant-hotel-season-2-properties-so-you-can-judge-th...). SPOILER: The winner is indicated in their listing ad. 

23 Replies 23
Branka-and-Silvia0
Level 10
Zagreb, Croatia

@Gregory87 

Even if I would have a perfect Airbnb I would never ever participate in such masochistic show (or any of that type). I really don't understand people who volunteer to do it or to watch it.

To host 4 competitor hosts and 2 professionals (?) who would look for a hair in the egg and then criticize my property publicly is pure masochism and do more harm than good.

Besides, what is beautiful to one guest is a pure kitch or generic to another, what is common in Japan is not common in Texas, what is suitable for a young group of friends is not suitable for an elderly couple or a family with kids, they all have different priorities, so it's totally pointless.

PS

I didn't watch this show but I've seen other shows of this type and they were all pathetic

Cormac0
Level 10
Kraków, Poland

@Gregory87 

NO

Susie111
Level 10
Tasmania, Australia

No way.

Rachel0
Level 10
London, United Kingdom

@Gregory87 A programme designed to appeal to people of limited intelligence.  Ghastly.

Paul1255
Level 10
London, United Kingdom

Newsflash @Gregory87 @Branka-and-Silvia0 We are participating in the 'show' every time a guest books, stays and reviews ;))))

LOL @Paul1255  😄 

sadly you are right, and I certanly don't need cameras in front of my nose as well

me neither @Branka-and-Silvia0  it would make rather boring TV if they filmed my working week with Airbnb ahahaha off to a meeting at Airbnb HQ this evening.....about taxes aahaha

LOL  @Paul1255 😄

but you never know... even "Big brother" has his audience and it can't be more boring than that 😄

@Branka-and-Silvia0 TRUE!!! Some people would watch it through the night when the contestants would just be asleep in bed ahahahah

@Paul1255  and imagine all those sexy scenes when the host is making the bed or scrubbing the bathtub D 😄  ( I am sure they will be instructed to clean wearing a dress or shorts. 😄 )

@Branka-and-Silvia0 this is exactly what I was thinking! Me in my airbnb apron pulling strangers hair out of blocked plug holes, cleaning up the mess they make in the bedrooms, removing stains from linens.....TV gold!

WOW @Paul1255  even I would watch that epizode:D 😄 😄 hahaha

...in the meantime, in Croatia, the maintenance guy without a T-shirt is repairing my A/C 😄 😄 😄

At least I would have one viewer then @Branka-and-Silvia0 ! Ok your situation sounds much more interesting....but is he one of those guys who should be working without his t-shirt on? 😉

@Paul1255 

De gustibus non est disputandum 😄