Instant Hotel - season 2...would you enter your Airbnb in a reality competition?

Gregory87
Level 10
Minneapolis, MN

Instant Hotel - season 2...would you enter your Airbnb in a reality competition?

Airbnb reality show on NetflixAirbnb reality show on NetflixThis is the second season of the program being shown on Netflix.  Four hosts stay at each other's listings for 1 night and then they are evaluated by the various hosts and two professionals.  The hosts are narrowed down to two finalists and given AUS$10K each to make improvements to their properties.  Lastly, a winner is chosen and awarded AUS$100K.

1. Would you participate in this type of show?  Why?
  2. Are you prepared to be criticized by other hosts and professionals in front of a national/international audience?
  3. What would you do with the prize money?
  4. Is there another Airbnb property you would nominate for the show?

This is a fun getaway for those of us familiar with Airbnb or other short term rentals.  See if you can figure out the winner before s/he is announced.  If you don't want to watch the series (or aren't a Netflix subscriber), you can check out this article (https://www.bustle.com/p/heres-how-to-book-the-instant-hotel-season-2-properties-so-you-can-judge-th...). SPOILER: The winner is indicated in their listing ad. 

23 Replies 23

I see :))))) and true @Branka-and-Silvia0 

@Paul1255, an Airbnb apron? I want one! How hilarious would that be to welcome your guests in?

Paul1255
Level 10
London, United Kingdom

@Kath9  I don't know really! I use it when I do the cleaning if I remember to put it on ;))

I went to an airbnb meeting earlier in the week and managed to snag a cotton tote bag and a keyring too- I love a freebee 🙂

@Paul1255  Years ago friends and I were sitting around one night and came up with the idea to make a Sensitive New Age Guy (otherwise known as SNAG) calendar. Hunky naked guys clad in skimpy aprons doing dishes, changing poopy diapers, ironing mounds of laundry. We never followed through, but pulling long strings of hair covered in soap scum out of the drain would have been perfect!

Paul1255
Level 10
London, United Kingdom

@Sarah977  sounds like a money-maker!

@Paul1255  

Every time I have UK guests, I'm thinking to myself, "Pleeeease God... don't let them be Four in a Bed viewers...." 😉

Paul1255
Level 10
London, United Kingdom

@Susan17  shall we apply to go on it?! Out of the pair of us, it's only you that could actually accommodate the numbers required...I can only fit 2 at the most in my little chokee! 

Susan151
Level 10
Somerville, MA

Nope. I have a two-night minimum.

Sarah977
Level 10
Sayulita, Mexico

@Gregory87  Definite no. I haven't watched TV in 50 years, let alone an idiotic reality show. My taste runs more to highly acclaimed foreign films.