Key Symbol check-in link

Katrina79
Level 10
Saskatchewan, Canada

Key Symbol check-in link

Hi all,

Over the past two weeks I have been missing the key symbol which I frequently use to send a link to my upcoming guests for check-in instructions. Airbnb is conducting a test with random hosts to see if removing the key symbol affects them. I imagine the test will sway their decision to keep or remove the key symbol. Recently I received a 4* review because the checkin instructions were not smooth. The guest booked last minute and wasn’t able to access the checkin info from the automated email sent (perhaps it was the guest’s unfamiliarity with the process as he was a new user). I was then sending him screenshots of the checkin info which was confusing, slow, and unprofessional.
I urge all hosts affected to phone Airbnb customer service and report the missing symbol and request it be reinstated as they are conducting a “test” to gauge the usefulness of the key symbol.

27 Replies 27
Sabrina220
Level 2
Middleburg, VA

Thank you for starting this conversation! I am calling them now to let them know I need the check-in guide on my listing. It is critical!!!

Stephanie
Community Manager
Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

Hi everyone,

The checkin Key Symbol has been removed by design. The functionality, however remains - you are able to send out your checkin instructions and other information from your Saved Messages tab. Also, Checkin instructions will automatically be sent out 3 days before a booking ensues. You are able to edit your Saved messages when access the platform through desktop.

Thanks,

Stephanie

-----

Please follow the Community Guidelines 

Jim472
Level 10
Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia

@Stephanie wow "Checkin instructions will automatically be sent out 3 days before a listing ensues." What does this mean? Whatever you have in there is sent? Even if blank? Even if it's a work in progress? When did this happen and why weren't we notified. My key thing is still there. Screenshot_20200217_224243.JPG

Stephanie
Community Manager
Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

Hiya @Jim472 ,

My apologise, was meant to say "booking" not "listing" and I've since updated the text. This is being rolled out atm, and began roll out a few weeks ago.

Thanks

-----

Please follow the Community Guidelines 

Jim472
Level 10
Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia

@Stephanie either or booking/listing doesn't matter. Down to the point... At the 3 day mark does whatever is in your check in instructions sent to my guest? 

Tatum2
Level 2
Greenville, SC

I agree 100% I used this function everyday. I host more than one listing and I have now confused not only myself but my poor guest be copying and pasting from older messages.. I need this function to return ASAP!!!

AIRBNB 

PLEASE bring back the quick link for check in instructions. It was very helpful and made the process of managing multiple listings much smoother. If this feature doesn't return I will be looking into VRBO. Thank you

this is pretty unacceptable. @Stephanie. I manage different properties with different check-in guides from the same app. That means that I cannot just save a message with the same link and send it to all guests because I have different links for different properties! Guests SELDOM check their emails for the instructions. This functionality is CRUCIAL for a smooth check-in. PLEASE BRING IT BACK!!!

Christopher2
Level 3
Cumnor, United Kingdom

I did notice and contacted Airbnb via the feedback section on the app. I really miss it, it was much easier than having to cut-and-paste in the message thread.

@Stephanie why has it been removed?

Sandra856
Level 10
Copenhagen, Denmark

Hi @Stephanie 🙂

You write that it is possible to find the check-in (picture guide) instructions from the saved message tab but I don't seem to understand how? I had a picture guide I could easily send to my guests (using the key tab). I do not offer self check-in but used it as it made it much, much easier with a guide made with pictures for my guests to find their way to my building from the busstop. I really miss that guide - why has it been removed and how to use it via the saved message thing you write about? 

Paul6284
Level 2
Dublin, Ireland

Yes this is a huge problem for me a 50 property host 

What check in details are sent 72 hours before? there are two ways to put in details and thus two types of check in guide is it one or the other or a merger of two?

Abi3995
Level 2
Cambridge, GB

I was told it was removed for 'security reasons' of people accidentally sending to guests who hadn't confirmed their booking. Seems an easy one to fix- just only make the key symbol available to those who have confirmed their booking