Listing a bedroom with a split double / twin bed

Listing a bedroom with a split double / twin bed

Listing a bedroom with a split double / twin bed.

Maybe a section should be added so that hosts can list their beds as split double beds - meaning the bed can be made as a king double or 2 x single beds - theres no option for this in the bed selection types?

Any comments welcome.

JL

3 Replies 3
Andrea1927
Level 1
Ballarat, Australia

I agree. I am trying to list a King bed that splits to 2 singles. Anyone know how to explain that??

@Andrea1927  The only thing you can do is comment in your description that the king bed can be split into two twin beds and to request this configuration at time of booking if desired.  Unfortunately most people don't read the description so be sure to put in the visible summary they sometimes read at least that. 

I totally agree. Even though my description explains the options in long winded detail, I have terrible trouble explaining this to potential guests. I can’t imagine how many potential bookings I must loose from fast browsers because this option isn’t there in the room/bed configuration diagram. I have three king beds that split to be singles and will be changing 2 more in the coming months. It is the most  modern and practical way to go. Similar things lacking in the bedding descriptions are ‘Fold-away single beds’ ‘daybeds’ and ‘portacots’. All are used frequently but the only option to be found last time I checked was a mattress on the floor, small double and a cott or crib. Guests like it to be very clear in the first description/diagram and it certainly makes our job easier.